Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not sending or being received

T5SWB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, any suggestions will be appreciated: both my phone and my partners, both with O2 pay monthly will not send or receive text messages. When we try to send messages and check the status it continually reads 'sending'. I've tried turning the phones off and back on, restarting, cleaning the sim cards etc but frustratingly nothing works. I've tried to contact O2 but the automated calls are cut off after suggesting I try on-line help (not helpful at all). It seems too much of a coincidence that both phones on seperate accounts have the same issue at the same time ??? Any idea PLEASE, thanks in advance, Gordon

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@T5SWB

It maybe in the App Store under installed Apps, or if you go into Settings, Applications, and then it maybe under Advanced.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 13

T5SWB
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Genius.................MASSIVE THANKS for all the time and advice given both of our phones have now kicked into life with dozens of texts sending and being received. 

As advised I went through the App store, found the updates and updated the Carrier App, then turned off the phone and back on again, within seconds I was bombarded with messages.

With numerous messages queued and repeatedly trying to send on our phones would this then explain why the charge on both our phones drained very quickly over the last couple of days ?

Thanks again for all your help as when you're not tech savvy it's a nightmare when something like this happens,

Regards Gordon

Message 12 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@T5SWB

Glad that fixed it, I know google are supposedly pushing out a fix already...

That would also explain the battery drain. slight_smile

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 13 of 13