Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sundial App

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi peeps
I wonder if anyone can help?
I was chatting to a photographer friend of mine who was telling me of an app called "Photo Sundial" that he uses.
I just checked the app store and it's not available, is this only available for iphone's? because if it is then I'm out of luck, got rid of my iphone for a nokia 1020.

Can anyone tell me if there is a similar app available for the nokia 1020.

Many thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You won't need it for a 1020, it's so far advanced when compared to other os cameras it's in a league of its own.
Open up pro camera app and play around with the settings in there, choose different focal points and make your picture, your picture. Never rely on an app to tell you where to be, you are where you are and your picture should reflect just that, a moment when you looked at something and thought yes.
Message 7 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

One of our members @viridis does a lot of photography. I will mention him in the hope he can help?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Hi @Anonymous the app is iPhone only at the moment, there are no Windows Phone equivalent that I am aware of
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you wink
Message 4 of 21

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Is that the one that tells you where to take a picture from to get best lighting?
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
This was my horror thought, but thank you very much appreciated.
Message 6 of 21

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You won't need it for a 1020, it's so far advanced when compared to other os cameras it's in a league of its own.
Open up pro camera app and play around with the settings in there, choose different focal points and make your picture, your picture. Never rely on an app to tell you where to be, you are where you are and your picture should reflect just that, a moment when you looked at something and thought yes.
Message 7 of 21

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Like this.

Some app would have told me to be 50ft away at 27 degrees different. I say no, I wanted to stand In middle of road and get that curve and contrast.

DSC_1475.jpg

Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't really go shooting weddings with my phone now can I lol, no seriously the sundial app will allow you to use the sun to your benefit when choosing the right time in the right spot to get those awesome shots I've seen from my mate on his wedding photo's and all thanks to knowing where the sun is at the right time.

Message 9 of 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

And no-one could fault that picture. Stunning @viridis

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 21