cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Threading The Android Section Again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning All!! slight_smile

I know it was a pain at the start in the old format, But what would you guys all think about sub-threading the Android section again.

I say this because the current Android section (Due to the dominance of Samsung) seems to just be a Samsung thread.

Personally, I'm not much good with Samsung but better on others for advice. Would it make it easier of others to give advice if it was sub-threaded again?

One downside to this that I can see is.  There is more forum interaction in the current format.

Discuss.......

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Being relatively new on here I'm not familiar with the 'old format'

However, I have to say that when I first joined it did seem daunting and difficult to find items relating to my chosen brand. So I feel sub-sections under a main heading would certainly make life easier, especially for noobs wink

Message 11 of 54

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

From a 'newbie's' point of view, I went from PAYG to Pay Monthly in February of this year. I personally found the two topics together helped me a lot initially. I am also conscious that I am not a 'technical contributor' but I learn a heck of a lot by reading other posts. I honestly think we have to be careful that we are not sorting the forum topics out to suit primarily the expert contributors (apologies to those who disagree)

A forum is there to help everyone of all ages with differing levels of ability so we must consider that ease of use for ALL (Beginners to Level 55 and above) is the key to everyone using it. Even now, 4/12 into using this forum, the two threads I access most are PAYG/Pay Monthly and Android devices (for Samsung)

Getting a bit braver I have started to access the off topic threads and discussions. I am all for change  but also feel 'If it aint broke, dont fix it!'Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 54

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The problem when answering a post in the pay monthly/pay&go section is that you have to first ascertain which platform the poster is on. Most times the answer is completely different with regards to settings, customer service numbers, call costs etc. It means you have to first ask the question to answer a question correctly (if that makes sense?).

Message 13 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff, Good to see arguments from both sides. 🙂
Message 14 of 54

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

I would like to see something a tad different.

When creating a new post / thread, you are met with a couple of tick box options...

• Pay Monthly or Pay & Go.

• Phone, Tarriff, Additional Service. (possibly then breakdown into iOS, Android etc.

• Question, Suggestion, Support, Feedback.

The forum itself then filters these posts into the relevant section keeping admin roles light and potentially warding off spammers / time wasters and new posters never have to worry about looking for the right place to post.

Message 15 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Can only agree with your comment Jonsie ...that's because I am a 'reader' and not much of a contributor! Of course, in my posts I always 'over-inform' (never use one word when a 100 will do is my motto!! :smileytongue:) so thats why it works for me. Perhaps you should have guidelines for posters ie ....Please tell us what phone you have, what tariff you are on and if you are PAYG or Pay Monthly? (on second thoughts maybe dividing them is a good idea!!!)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Version 7 ...now THAT seems a good idea!Smiley LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe do a Samsung section on its own then the rest of android phones in the android section, get rid of the broadband section once it fully goes over to sky.
Message 18 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

but also feel 'If it aint broke, dont fix it!'

Now you see that was said by a lot of users about the old forum.

Yes, there was an annoying amount of spam, but that basically was all that was wrong with it.

Message 19 of 54

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Now you see that was said by a lot of users about the old forum.

Yes, there was an annoying amount of spam, but that basically was all that was wrong with it.

Ahh those were the days...................! Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 20 of 54