cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Threading The Android Section Again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning All!! slight_smile

I know it was a pain at the start in the old format, But what would you guys all think about sub-threading the Android section again.

I say this because the current Android section (Due to the dominance of Samsung) seems to just be a Samsung thread.

Personally, I'm not much good with Samsung but better on others for advice. Would it make it easier of others to give advice if it was sub-threaded again?

One downside to this that I can see is.  There is more forum interaction in the current format.

Discuss.......

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 313 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Same goes for Pay monthly and payg / business 3 different sets of options to try and unravel to give a correct answer all lumped into one heading?

Many sections were merged and it created confusion like mobile broadband is in other services? yet we have o2 wallet and tugo ?

I think It is time to revisit the whole structure of the topics.

Just my take

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems I'm not the only one then! Phew!
Message 3 of 54

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great idea for a discussion guys, I'm eager to know what everyone thinks of the current setup and ideas for potential changes.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149342 Posts
  • 682 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Many of us never liked the "new" format that was railroaded onto us with the "promise" of a review to see how it went, which never happened. In fact whenever, we, the users suggest a change it get immediately squashed unless "the management" agree to it also......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 54

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 313 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@toby a lot was covered here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Introduction-and-planned-changes/td-p/242111

But lets hope some sections can be restarted

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@Toby a lot was covered here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Introduction-and-planned-changes/td-p/242111

I agree with some of what was said in Leonards post. I the previous format with all the spamming etc it did make the seperate sub-threads 'scary' to post in

With this new look and obvious lack of 'Free shoe and handbag offers' floating around anymore I think maybe replacing most of the old sections back would be helpful to new joiners who (Sometimes) in reality may only come here to once to find their answer and then leave.

Although as long as that user has found their answer that's great, it was sub threads like 'Sony' 'HTC' and (Ahem) 'Apple' that kept me coming back to the forum to see if any questions had arisen from my brand that I was expieriencing or had expierienced were being floated about. I gained a lot of knowledge from these and it boosted my already quite high interest in the market.

With that I think there would be more 'Newbie' joiners who have a lot of information to share that would come back again and again if they could see that certain sections were not crammed full of one brand or some that are merged when in reality it could be much clearer if split.

Message 7 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently I'm 'Expieriencing' an inability to spell experiencing correctly!
Message 8 of 54

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93978 Posts
  • 682 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

It is difficult for any new member to find help with the current section titles and to post in the relevant section. Merging pay and go with pay monthly made no sense then and even less sense now. DEMERGE PLEASE!!!

Message 9 of 54

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I agree, I know there is little activity in Pay and Go, but it's still difficult and must be confusing to a new poster.

TuGo could be moved to Other products and services, making space for Pay and Go.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 54