cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Threading The Android Section Again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning All!! slight_smile

I know it was a pain at the start in the old format, But what would you guys all think about sub-threading the Android section again.

I say this because the current Android section (Due to the dominance of Samsung) seems to just be a Samsung thread.

Personally, I'm not much good with Samsung but better on others for advice. Would it make it easier of others to give advice if it was sub-threaded again?

One downside to this that I can see is.  There is more forum interaction in the current format.

Discuss.......

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm easy.

Whatever floats your boat as long as the forum is not diluted too much.
Message 21 of 54

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks for these suggestions guys. Some great points here. There are a lot of issues to consider with rearranging the forum and I'm looking into the most prevalent devices and questions posted on here in the near future. Lets see how the sections work as we grow.

Cheers, Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers Toby
Message 23 of 54

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Great evasive statement Toby wink

Yes, I picked up on that too.... It's in the same tone as all the PM correspondance regarding suggested changes.... The bottom line is "It's not for us to tell them how to run our board" wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kind of along the lines of one of Leonard's early posts if I remember right
Message 26 of 54

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Leonard is dead..... Long live Leonard !! wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Leonard is dead..... Long live Leonard !! wink

long live the kingSmiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 54

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I'm glad its been brought up again. If its on your minds then its important to me. slight_smile

I can't promise that anything will change straight away but I want you to continue discussing it. If I seem evasive it's purely to convey that it's a big decision that involves a large amount of variables to consider for the forum and the support it provides in general.

Personally, I think Android device sections especially is a very interesting idea but as I say we need to think about other issues too when it comes to the community structure. Keep coming up with ideas guys. Apart from what has already been posted, have you seen other queries that are common and could be made easier to support by you or access by newer members?

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 29 of 54

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Toby, mate slight_smile

There is no point us offering any ideas/suggestions/etc as every time we do we get the standard "great ideas... we'll look into them" or "no way that's gonna happen" type of reply's. I even had one from our new community manager just last week, so nothing is gonna change. As long as we accept that we tow the line the way you guys want us to, and follow all your ideas, then we'll be fine, or if we don't like it........
If this is not the case it certainly seems like it to us over here (the ones that do all the work for O2 on this board) slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 30 of 54