cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry we are experiencing high service demand in this area

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently you're working to improve it as quickly as you can. It has been six months. Are you ever going to get around to improving it? Or am I just going to have my signal bouncing from 5 to 2 to 0 bars all day everyday for the foreseeable future?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Community

In my area this has been an issue for 8 months. Calls and texts fine but data almost totally unusable during the day. On the plus side they are currently upgrading the offending base station this week but sadly these things do take time.

I would complain to complaintreviewservice@o2.com and see what they can advise you but please be prepared for the response of "we will let you leave without penalty but you will have to return your handset to us (assuming you are contacted with a handset supplied as part of your contract)" which would then leave you free to try other networks in your area.

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a user to user forum.

Sorry we can only sympathise.

You would need to contact O2 directly via 202 contract or 4445 Payg

Or http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all you are very welcome to the O2 Community   @SirSebastian 

The Community is made up of O2 Customers amongst whom are some very knowledgeable and able people. However, in order to help you, or direct you to the proper section in O2, they will need a little more information such as what region of the UK you are in, the type of phone and tariff you are using etc - but please do not give any personal data or any information that would identify your account.

I know it is of no help to you at the moment but in the area where I live we have had a similar unhelpful message on the O2 Network Status page for many weeks now - though the service does seem to continue fairly well.

Gerry

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Six months? I'd be off mate and looking to leave any contract without penalty. Seriously, you need to contact customer service.
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Additionally, depending on your location, you may have to look at the Vodafone status pages for a more recent update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Community

In my area this has been an issue for 8 months. Calls and texts fine but data almost totally unusable during the day. On the plus side they are currently upgrading the offending base station this week but sadly these things do take time.

I would complain to complaintreviewservice@o2.com and see what they can advise you but please be prepared for the response of "we will let you leave without penalty but you will have to return your handset to us (assuming you are contacted with a handset supplied as part of your contract)" which would then leave you free to try other networks in your area.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add to @piperdogs123 good advice........

If you do consider a move to an alternative Network then please obtain some PAYG Sim Cards to try them out for a week or so, before committing to any lengthy Contract.

Coverage Checkers are for indication only.

Hope things get better soon.
Message 7 of 7