Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal is shocking in MK5 8AZ

2Bars
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was initially a pay as you go Vodofone user with zero hassles of signal, so when I was looking at getting a contract I was recommended by people in MK to go the O2 route - this has been the worse decision of my life! I truly regret going over to O2 because I had zero signal issues with Vodafone, and now I'm lucky if I get 2 bars with O2. I made a complaint and the automated sms initially stated they would contact me in 48hrs - then I received an update that they would let me know in 5 days or sooner that it will be fixed.... then the reply after 5 days was that they will have an update for me after 7 days - what a joke man!  So will this continually roll over and never get sorted?! The signal is SHOCKING!! 2 bars is not acceptable.  The bigger joke is the advice: "Our top tips for staying connected would be to find local Wifi hotspots and download whatever content you need whilst connected to the Wifi, so you can still enjoy it on the move."  What wonderful advice! Yet I still have to pay full monthly subscriptions for data that I can barely use because of signal issues!  I need to start getting a monthly discount because this is pathetic.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@2Bars 

o2 dont guarantee 100% coverage or 100% uptime..

Why didnt you test all networks before buying a o2 contract, which is easy to do, you just get some PAYG sim cards.  And just because you got brilliant signal on Vodafone doesnt mean you will get it on O2.

All you can do is keep reporting it via the myNetwork app and keep an eye on the status page at https://status.o2.co.uk for updates as well. 

Masts take time to fix, and unfortunately delays do happen, and even to Voda.

And for 2 bars of signal, well you will get £0 discount and £0 compensation..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6615 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Looks like an area that suffers with congestion so any mast problems will be heightened.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3