cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

For a while now me, my wife and my father have all been having issues with our signal. My wife has spoken to many different people on the phone about the issue and have been told different things everytime.

We used to get a H+ data signal and perfect call signal in our town and now we are lucky if we get a G data signal and and calls at all. We have found that although we get calls they are intermittent and most of teh time we just get the no signal icon.

The previous call to the last one made we was told that there was no issues in our area and that they had contacted the local area and asked if there was any masts down, we were told that there was none. I then looked on the o2 status web page and it showed that there was a mast down. So we had received some incorrect information from the person on the other end of the phone.

My wife has become ever so more annoyed with the loss of signal and called Friday to try and find out again why we had issues connecting to calls and receiving data when away from a wifi connection. This time she was told that there was a mast down in the area and it isn't a priority to fix as it was "at capacity" and no time frame has been applied to fixing the issue.

As loyal customers with O2 for over 10 years  we think that this is quite discusting that you can be told that service to us is not a priority.

I am nearing my upgrade in May and thinking that I am looking at getting the new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge I feel that there is no point to continue with my loyalty as I can't use my phone unless I am on a wifi connection or I am lucky enough to get a signal.

To put it bluntly we are "PAYING FOR A SERVICE WE ARE NOT RECEIVING"!!!!

We are paying a monthly contract and not being able to use it to it's fullest because "it's not a priority" to fix a mast that is down.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous
yes if I go further away and into a different area I get a great signal. I get 4g in a local city only 20mins away.
Message 11 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
This does sound like either a 3g faulty cell on the mast or a decommissioned base station.

Recommend you phone o2 on 202 or on 0344 809 0202 from a landlines or other mobile and speak to Networks (not customer services)
Message 12 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous
Thank you for that bit of info I will try this and see what happens.
Message 13 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only thing it might be is that your local mast might be being upgraded for 4g.

If you go to status.o2.co.uk and enter your postcode, do you see a message under the icon that says if the network is working or not that says something like "Our Network Modernisation Programme had reached your area........"
Message 14 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I take it if it is a 3g cell issue that this would affect my calls as well not just my data service?
Message 15 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are welcome.

With the 3g network, transmission just in the following order:

Calls first then texts then data. So calls are normally ok even with congestion issues because the phone will automatically connect to 2g if it can't call out on 3g and you wouldn't even know it.

Argh 2g. So reliable. ....
Message 16 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I see on the status page

Live results for Spalding, Lincs, England, PE11 2YT

• Our network is currently working fine

If we're doing work on the phone masts near you we'll tell you about it here.

Updated 19:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

• Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
      Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
      Good indoors and outdoors.

• Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
      Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
      Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

• Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
      Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.
      Sorry, we do not have coverage here.
Message 17 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like a fault with the 3g cell to me then but do call Networks
Message 18 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your help. I will call Networks and see what happens.

Will update after call.
Message 19 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck and don't be fobbed off
Message 20 of 39