Did you mean: 

Shocking Live Chat Story

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

O2 customer disgusted after operator changes a name on account to 'IDIOT'

When Aaisha Hussain was asked what her mum’s maiden name was in the security questions, the operator told her that her answer was invalid - as it had been changed previously

A woman has spoken of her disgust after an O2 operator changed her mother’s maiden name on her account to ‘IDIOT’.

Aaisha Hussain, from Oldham, was having an online chat with an advisor at the end of last month as she wanted to ask about upgrading her contract and handing her phone in to O2 recycle.

The agent was unable to deal with her query, and an online error message came up saying she had been disconnected.

Another message popped up asking if she wanted to fill out a feedback form, in which she voiced her disapproval of the customer service.

She then received an email saying she had been topped up with an 8gb data bolt-on and an 12gb bolt-on, which she had not ordered.

The concerned 23-year-old, who works in insurance, then decided to set up a new chat, as she wanted to ask who had added the bolt-ons.

To add insult to injury, when she was asked what her mum’s maiden name was in the security questions, the operator told her that her answer was invalid.

Disturbed by someone tampering with her account, she rang O2 the next morning. To her horror, she was told her mother’s maiden name had been changed on her account to ‘Idiot’.

She said: “I started crying. This is my mum’s maiden name, it’s a personal issue.

“I’m a very family-orientated person. It’s so childish of them to do this, it’s embarrassing. I’m utterly disgusted with what has happened and how I’ve been treated. I want people to know what they have done. It’s bad enough to add something to my account that I didn’t order and charge me for it, but changing my mother’s name is highly insulting.”

When Aaisha complained to O2, she was originally offered £20 in compensation.

She has since been offered £75 and the possibility of upgrading her handset early.

Aaisha has contacted an ombudsman to investigate.

An 02 spokesman, who confirmed the information on her account had been changed, said: “We’ve spoken to Ms Hussain and apologised for the experience she’s had when contacting us recently.

“The incident is being fully investigated. We pride ourselves on the service we deliver to our customers and we fell short on this occasion.

"We’ve offered a gesture of goodwill and an early upgrade for any inconvenience and upset this may have caused.”

The spokesman also said they will be ‘speaking to the advisor concerned’.

Source: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/02-customer-disgusted-after-oper...

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I remember reading this at the time and I was absolutely appalled. Have we had a thread on this as it seems to fresh in my mind. Or maybe I read it here http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/10/o2-worker-changed-name-on-customers-account-to-idiot-6372654/?

Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It was posted elsewhere at the time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
It's terrible, I know, but at the same time I did chuckle 😱

#inappropriategiggles
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Nothing like upsetting an adviser who could care less about their job. It would be so obvious who changed the information.....:smileywink:

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It would be so obvious who changed the information.....:smileywink:

Assuming they logged in on their own employee ID and not someone else's Confused

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

It would be so obvious who changed the information.....:smileywink:

Assuming they logged in on their own employee ID and not someone else's Confused

I can assure you that can't be done. An adviser leaves their footprint on any account and it's actually impossible to log-in as someone else.

Message 7 of 10

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Well, provided said employees sunny share their sign on details. Which would be just as serious
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've no idea how O2's systems work but unless it's bio-metrics, it's possible on just about any other system that requires a log in routine.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I knew I had read this before. Nice to know what people 'could' be called. I am sure I have had a few derogatory names added to various accounts of mine if I have had to complain. Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10