cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocked! Purchase of nearly new phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have purchased a nearly new phone from o2, this a phone for my son. I have discovered that the sim they have given me is still in use or only stopped 3 months ago! What is going on? 

The phone was rang 3 times by a woman who said it was a friends phone and asked me where I bought it from when I rang the number back.  When I said o2 she was very surprised and promptly out the phone down.

to say I'm worried is an understatement 

has anyone else had this problem? 

Customer services were very unhelpful 

also same contract I was promised 20% off extra line, still hadn't happened and again no one seems to know what I'm talking about 

not happy and extremely concerned 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 14

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

Rolleys

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12316 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
No one was suggesting the sim had remained active.
It's the fact that the number was recycled too quickly that is the issue.

Very true, and must admit that I jumped to a conclusion based on the phone being "recycled" and Anovo's previous history...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 14

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
I very much doubt the original owner of the number was still paying their contract so it must have been cancelled originally.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 14