cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data roaming

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have been told by 3 different 02 customer service advisers that i can take my hauwei e5770 hotspot to spain .When i get there just turn it on and use it as normal ,No extra bolt on to buy .no extra data charges .still the same data plan of 30g. does any one know if this is true or not please . here is the transcript of the live chat. O2 Live Chat
End Chat

Welcome to O2, someone will be with you soon.
    info • 1:27 PM
    You are through to Sarah
    info • 1:27 PM
    Hello, it's Sarah here. I hope you're well. What can I do for you?
    Sarah• 1:27 PM
    hello i have a Huawie e5770 hotspot and i am travelling to spain for 2 months in jan and feb can i take it with me and use my data plan please regards
    joseph fabian • 1:29 PM
    Well I need to check and make sure if its going to work in Spain
    Sarah • 1:30 PM
    Thanks for waiting
    Sarah• 1:31 PM
    yes you can use it in Spain
    Sarah • 1:31 PM
    That sounds great i am travelling to lanzarote that is classed as spain do you know the speed of internet that i can achieve. Also will my hotspot work automaticley when i arrive and i have the same data allowance plan no extra cost ? ?
    joseph fabian • 1:33 PM
    Well you will be able to use it without any extra cost and it will be same as UK
    Sarah • 1:34 PM
    And about speed it depends on the network of the county you are in
    Sarah • 1:34 PM
    Because O2 does not have network abroad
    Sarah • 1:35 PM
    And it will work automatically
    Sarah • 1:35 PM
    Sorry i just need to be sure before i travel .Just turn my device on and it will work the same as uk(inc same data plan) with no extra cost or bolt on to add thank you .
    joseph fabian • 1:36 PM
    Yes exactly
    Sarah • 1:37 PM
    Sarah is typing a message...

800 characters left

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

No, not true,
Data is for UK use only and you can't tether on O2 travel according to the latest T&C's

(Although tethering may still work) and will kick in the travel charge of £1.99 a day.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous  You have been mislead by live chat. That wont happen....Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 21

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

No, not true,
Data is for UK use only and you can't tether on O2 travel according to the latest T&C's

(Although tethering may still work) and will kick in the travel charge of £1.99 a day.

Another live chat classic...

Message 4 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@MI5Apologies posting as you were.... I wan't sure about the tethering part though as I have never tried.
I just bought a Spanish sim for my devices before I got Wifi installed...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
As I said, the T&C's say you can't tether but it still works - not sure what would happen if you did though?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to all who have replied .I have talked to 3 advisers and they all said the same .It will work as normal no extra charges .I am still working on getting a truthful answer

Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
You have the truth on here mate.
Make sure you have o2 travel bolt on and it will cost you £1.99 a day.
Message 8 of 21

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23469 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

If Live Chat are yet again giving false information this needs to be brought to O2's attention. @Martin-O2 over to you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

it was 2 advisers and 1 call up

adviser ,

Message 10 of 21