cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously o2 - stop doing pin deliveries if you can’t get a phone number right.

Noonoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why do they still use pins? The service is terrible, per all the posts here.

context of my issue: Four times I’ve spoken to o2 about how I will not get a pin because they’re trying to send it to an IPad number, four times they’ve ’updated it’.

its out for delivery again today, and…. No pin.

Decided to ring DPD after customer service told me they definitely updated the number again this morning. DPD put me on hold and checked their systems… Nothing - according them them, o2 hasn’t actually bothered to issue a request.

so now sat in the house again, waiting for my delivery to come at 5pm wherein I won’t be able to accept delivery because I don’t have a pin to give them.

for reference, I’ve requested the number updated three times on the myo2 app, and once through the social media teams. At this point, tempted to cancel my orders and my contract as I’m not sure o2 could boil an egg.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Noonoo
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What I find especially hilarious is that o2 have no problem correctly assuming my mobile number when they want to send me a bill, or remind me of extra charges.

but sure - let’s use a random phone number for a delivery? I dread to think how much money they must be losing by having no common sense.

i mean, why not email the pin as well? Surely would stop 99% of the issues people are having?

Message 2 of 6

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9651 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

O2 do not generally use e-mail @Noonoo as they - probably correctly - perceive it to be an insecure method of communication. 

I agree that it appears that the scenario that you have described is silly ! 😀

Message 3 of 6

ItsOnlyAPicture
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went through some hell when I upgraded a few months ago. I didn't want to update to an esim until I had the new phone. I never received a code from DPD. I contacted them and they said o2 need to authorise / request whatever. I then realised that my sim had been deactivated and all new correspondance was going through to the esim. I missed two delivery slots because I never actually had a timescale. I did upgrade to the esim anyway, but I had a new sim card sent out to me as the old one was deactivated. 

This esim lark doesn't seem worth it as it has two profiles to choose from, primary & secondary. I just want calls to come through and texts/imessages, etc.

Message 4 of 6

Oxonian
  • 9651 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Welcome to this O2 customer to customer forum @ItsOnlyAPicture

You will find many tails of woe on here about eSIMs. The consensus of opinion from experience community members seems to be to avoid them unless you need an eSIM. Don't take an eSIM out of choice. 👍  

Message 5 of 6

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8107 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

The esim should work in the same way as a plastic SIM. Not sure of the setup on iPhones but if you make sure no other SIM is in the phone you should only have the choice of one.

eSIMs have absolutely no advantage for the user who just wants calls, text and data on one network but they come with a lot of disadvantages 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 6