Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Phone Call

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had a call today from ‭028 9583 9978‬
Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Male caller said he was from o2 and could give me a better deal on my phone plan. He knew my name, my phone number and address. The deal sounded good but when he asked for my bank details I declined and ended call. Believe this was an attempt to get my bank details. For info.
I have been trying to find away to inform o2 but cannot find away if doing it and when I have got through to people at o2 they weren’t interested, just said that’s not their department. Not very helpful at all.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous maybe our community admin @MercedesS @Marjo @Martin-O2 can feed it back to o2

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
That would be good!
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous They will be online tomorrow so it should reach o2 then hopefully 

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@AnonymousCommunity help guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-these-steps-to/m-p/386364#M37293

You did the right thing refusing to give bank details . Never ever take out a contract from any cold caller.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
No doubt a trusted partner, most of which are not to be trusted at all!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the mention @Anonymous wink

@Anonymous Thanks for taking the time to report this call. It could well be that this call was official but you did the right thing by being cautious. I'll pass this on to the rest of the team to confirm if it's legitimate or not. If I need any additional information I'll drop you a PM. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7