cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming calls Eu

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just wondering I have this number (7802000332) on my bill 3 times now, all calls last 4 seconds. I have goggle'd it, and there is another question on this number, but am wondering what it actually is because I know I havent called it, well until now, I have tried calling it, using numurous country/city codes with nothing to show for it?!? Any help would be appreciated

Edited

Country Code : (+44)
SMS Messaging Centers :
Isle of Man Pronto GSM +447624499955
Vodafone UK +44-7785016005
**** CellNet UK +44-7802000332 ****
Virgin Mobile UK +447958879890
Orange UK +44-7973100973
One2One UK +44-7958879879
Guernsey Telecoms
Jersey +44-7781

Just found this myself, am guessing as it says "SMS Messaging Centers" its a go between for International calls/texts then?!?

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Funny that it tends to be iPhones.

Wonder is some iMessages fail and go SMS after a few tries

Still all we are customers here so little we can do, and considering the age of this post and the few people posting over that time, I can see a 'fix' happening.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 31 of 34

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

It is Apple that needs to fix how it registers devices to its servers, but SMS is the best way, as it contains the authentication token, and comes from the phone number.. 

We see this on the non UK networks we have when they roam outside there own countries.

Just looking at the Apple Forums, its been going on for years, and Apple are not going to fix it. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 32 of 34

zolacolor
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I can’t find anything online that suggests WhatsApp or iMessage sends covert SMS messages. On an iPhone, WhatsApp doesn’t have permissions to send an SMS message. Like I said, according to O2 billing some of the messages were sent while I was asleep. I could de-activate my O2 SIM while abroad but this defeats the point of a dual-SIM device and would prevent me from receiving MFA notifications if required, or any other emergency contact.

Message 33 of 34

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Done some delving on this one. It appear Visual Voicemail is responsible when it handshakes with O2 voicemail.

People have said turning off Visual Voicemail cures the problem.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 34 of 34