cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming calls Eu

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just wondering I have this number (7802000332) on my bill 3 times now, all calls last 4 seconds. I have goggle'd it, and there is another question on this number, but am wondering what it actually is because I know I havent called it, well until now, I have tried calling it, using numurous country/city codes with nothing to show for it?!? Any help would be appreciated

Edited

Country Code : (+44)
SMS Messaging Centers :
Isle of Man Pronto GSM +447624499955
Vodafone UK +44-7785016005
**** CellNet UK +44-7802000332 ****
Virgin Mobile UK +447958879890
Orange UK +44-7973100973
One2One UK +44-7958879879
Guernsey Telecoms
Jersey +44-7781

Just found this myself, am guessing as it says "SMS Messaging Centers" its a go between for International calls/texts then?!?

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
7802000332 may be the O2 message control centre but I didn't dial or reference that number, I sent my texts to other O2 subscribers while in the Middle East and there is no reason the local phone provider would not know what the destination number was.
I shall be querying my bill because I have no record of any contact with this number and for sure I shall be querying every charge shown against 7802000332.
O2 should upgrade its billing and data exchange systems to systems that are of, at least, this millennium and not antiquated last century packages.
There is no excuse for such a shoddy service.
Message 11 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
7802000332 may be the O2 message control centre but I didn't dial or reference that number, I sent my texts to other O2 subscribers while in the Middle East and there is no reason the local phone provider would not know what the destination number was.
I shall be querying my bill because I have no record of any contact with this number and for sure I shall be querying every charge shown against 7802000332.
O2 should upgrade its billing and data exchange systems to systems that are of, at least, this millennium and not antiquated last century packages.
There is no excuse for such a shoddy service.

You have contact with this number through the SMS system, without it SMS would not work.
There is nothing shoddy about the way O2 do things - its all part and parcel of the way text messages are sent.
As to being 'last century' - it is. But so are people who use SMS
Message 12 of 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Why do people who know the least shout the loudest? Basic facts, dong just a little bit of research before posting unjust comments would stop some people looking silly. wink
Message 13 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it's a shame some people have to feel that they must come across as superior.

To add (might give some clarity), I recently have the same 7802000332 appearing on my billing for text messages. Explored my bill - on my way through Dubai to Oman, I sent text to my friend who had an Oman mobile about my delay in Dubai - they showed up as that number when in Dubai. When I got to Oman, texts to the Oman mobile and to home showed as their normal number. Looks all legit to me knowing what I did.

Message 14 of 34

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's helpful but did you notice the age of the thread?:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just had a text from 07802000332 & it says that my order is ready to collect at Boots pharmacy in Wakefield Althorpe Road store.

I do not use Boots NOR do I even live in that area so this is some sort of scam & 02 should do something about it. If I find I get charged for this text I recieved then I will cancel my contract with 02. I have not been with them long & I get a scam text already!!!!

Message 16 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good grief - It's a mistake surely wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wen people order things from Boots they take a mobile number as a contact number to txt with updates about their order. That message probably means somebody doesn't know their own number and  has given your number in error, that's all.

Message 18 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We know that the number is from a message centre  but no idea why @Anonymous  has posted on this thread which is 3 years old...??

Bit of a misnomer surely that the thread title is Roaming Calls EU? ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry but I am new & it was my first message. I found the post by googling the mentioned phone number.

Message 20 of 34