cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent downgrade thanks O2 agent Aerial Direct

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently had the misfortune to have a call from an O2 agent Aerial Direct. I have been with O2 for over 15 years and upgraded my phones and services with them as I had always had a good service from O2 no real complaints.

The call from Aerial came just as I was looking to upgrade my phone, I had completed the contract term, the rep from Aerial introduced them selves as agents from O2 and as I had completed my contract they were looking to upgrade my service and offer a better tariff.

For the next 15 mins I went through with the agent all the time thinking I'm dealing with O2. The up shot is what I did not realize was that they were not representative of O2, they are only after you to agree to the tariff they then switched me from being an O2 customer to Aerial business tariff, which was not explained at time, so not only did I lose my O2 account the first I had realized there was a problem when I visited the O2 store to see about upgrading my phone to discover that I was unable to upgrade because I was not an O2 customer my account is locked to these con men.. Has any one else had similar problems?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144415 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Many people have fallen for these con artists - just do a search on the forum and you'll see.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122961 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

How long have you had the contract? Personally I would ring them and tell them you were mis-sold and you want to cancel. Trusted partner? I don't think so! Big scammers. Selling consumers business contracts...sickening Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 285 Posts
  • 52 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Tell them you wanna cancel due to the misrepresentation act.cause if you knew that it wasn't o2 you wouldn't have agreed.its illegal and you can claim compensation.
Message 4 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Sorry @Toby please feed this back up the chain I have said many time before this so called centre of excellence is misrepresenting o2 !!

This thread will be tweeted to the o2 business team again 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 11

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 285 Posts
  • 52 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Contact trading standards or citizens advice bureau,they will help you wrangle out of it.at the end of the day you where mis informed.they are criminals and mis sold you a contract.
Message 6 of 11

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Hear i though this carry on only happened with landlines Jaw-dropping

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

This bunch of cowboy conman have been conning the general public for many years. They are a disgrace and I'm disgusted that O2 keep them as a trusted partner. Disgraceful company.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are o2 associated with these criminals

Message 9 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

Makes a mockery of the phrase 'trusted partner'.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 11