Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting not being put through

Peanut79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered 2 SIM cards on Wednesday and gave O2 my PAC codes to keep the numbers. Porting of one number started before I even received the SIM cards but no transfer date for the other one. Live chat were useless. The O2 store assured me it would be today but I still haven’t even received a confirmation text and on my O2 app, it says “transfer has not been scheduled”. It said to put in my new SIM card and I would then receive a text confirming the porting date. Still no text on either my old sim or my new one. On the phone, they just keep apologising but saying they don’t know what the problem is and I just have to wait 5-10 working days. My old provider says no request has been made to port the number despite O2 saying it has and there is nothing they can do but they can’t give me any assurances. I’m now stuck as I am still going to be charged by my old provider as well as O2 now.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93902 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 7

Peanut79
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I get that but over the phone, in store and live chat have all been unhelpful so hoping to here from customers on here who have had the same problem and if it sorted itself out or what customer service were able to do. 

Message 3 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12589 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

Porting a number when signing a new deal with o2 seems to be very hit and miss @Peanut79 

Try giving o2 the PAC for the second number again - see if the guide below helps:

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 7

Peanut79
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did over the phone but they said that it couldn’t be put through again as it’s already been confirmed that it’ll be ported in but Tesco have said there has been no request. I don’t know how their system works but everyone I’ve spoken to tell me that it’s stuck in processing and they can’t cancel nor do it again so I’m stuck in limbo basically. Paying for 2 contracts but can’t use both as they’re both physical sims and I only have one phone 

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125670 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

The issue of porting numbers is becoming a real nightmare since O2 merged with VM.

Never seen so many posts complaining of issues.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

Peanut79
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The problem is, they don’t know how to resolve it. I expect a few technical issues with porting but to be stuck in processing, not able to cancel or get the request to go through with no resolution other than wait and see is appalling. 

Message 7 of 7