Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported to EE Saga

Andy700
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Long story with countless calls to O2 since 9th Feb, but on this date my wife and I ported to EE by mistake with two EE sims arriving in the post which we had to use as we lost all signal on O2 sims. Should not have happened as we had upgraded our sim only deals with O2 on 11th Jan. My account is a legacy account and my wife's is 360, what difference this makes I don't know except there is a lot of transferring to different departments when we call. After a lot of going back and forward my account issues were resolved by the "back office team" who reverted my account back to how it was before 9th Feb and my original O2 sim started working again. However my wife's account is still an ongoing saga.... There was a fraud raised on the account given the circumstances but no-one from the fraud team made contact, despite being told they would. Then last Thurs an advisor apparently lifted the fraud flag and sent the same request to the back office team as was done for mine in order to get all reverted back. This advisor was to call us on Tues with an update but failed to do so. Spoke with another advisor yesterday evening who could not see anything on the account sent to the back office team and advised us to purchase a new sim only deal and port my wifes number back. Tried this but on entering the EE PAC code it states the mobile number is already an O2 number. We do not know what to do now. I have complained via email 3 times since 12th Feb, waited for 2 manager callbacks that didn't happen and my wifes EE PAC code expires on Mon after which she will incur charges from EE. She has also little to no signal with EE, hence why we need her back with O2, otherwise we would leave them altogether due to the worst customer service we have ever experienced. We are completely at our whits end with countless false promises on numerous calls over the past 3 weeks!!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Andy7001
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Oxonian,

Better late than never. Finally getting back to you after constant communication between ourselves, O2 and the communications ombudsman over the last month. Cannot praise the staff with the ombudsman enough.

Long story short (I hope), I logged my complaint with the ombudsman, O2 was then given the opportunity to resolve, they came back advising again that we take out a new contract with a temp number to port our number once created as well as £80 compensation. I cited various issues with this, including the difference made between my account and my wife's, the fact that I did not need to do this for mine and also how my wife would effectively be paying for 2 contracts until this was resolved. I refused their offer to resolve and allowed the ombudsman to do their thing. They investigated, looked at all the evidence I provided, screenshots of call logs, O2 messages, social media team messages, etc. They stated that we had been treated very poorly and directed O2 to resolve the porting issue, pay £150 compensation instead of £80 and deliver a letter of apology. O2 then had the opportunity to appeal this, but agreed to it in full. As predicted, the issues continued re creating the new account with a temp number and porting across from EE. Ended up paying for 2 accounts for 1 month, but a further £20 compensation was given by 2 separate O2 advisors, but thankfully as of yesterday 30th May my wife's number successfully ported to the new account and we are finally as we were before all these issues started on 9th Feb, plus £170 up. No letter of apology though, which is no surprise, even though the ombudsman directed it. Again, cannot recommend the ombudsman enough, but as for O2, if there was another provider with the same level of signal in our area, we would be gone. This has been one of the most stressful and challenging experiences we have encountered customer service wise.

Message 11 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124236 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Andy7001 

I just want to thank you for this thread/post. I know this has been a nightmare for you and your wife and am happy to see it 'resolved' after such a long time.

As a long time member of the forum, it's been a fascinating read for me, given the information you've included about O2, complaints and more importantly, your interaction with the Ombudsman.

We rarely get an opportunity to hear what goes on when people deal with them.

Well done to you for your perseverance and determination to get this issue sorted.

Thanks again for posting and best of luck going forward. 😊

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 15

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7588 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thank you @Andy7001 for reverting to us with that detailed account ; a very interesting read. 

If you have further issues with O2 from a Customer Service viewpoint, you could consider moving to a MVNO such as Tesco Mobile that operates on the O2 network infrastructure.

But I hope that things will now settle down and that such a move will not be necessary. 👍   

Message 13 of 15

Andy7001
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks folks, definitely wanted to update you as to the outcome, regardless of how long it took. We have got there in the end.

Yeah Oxonian, aware of that too re Tesco and those providers on the O2 network. We both are lifetime members of O2, from BT Cellnet days and don't want to actually leave them, but they did test our patience over the last few months. Plus we do actually like O2 and the rewards/perks that come with it. Hopefully as you say it will settle down now. Thanks again and all the best 👍

Message 14 of 15

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7588 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks @Andy7001 and good luck ! 👍

Message 15 of 15