Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

Ridwa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Worst service ever, never seen such poor service. All my family have lost service on the 30/5/24 until now 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23469 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Tip for the future:

Never have all the family phones on the same network. Between my wife and I we run 3 of the 4 networks 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Time was that O2 offered discounts to others on the same network, especially in a Family Circle - now, O2 offer Family discounts for each contract with them Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up - but you are right, @Enlli - if other networks cover the area in which a family group lives, then the best way not to be affected by service issues with one carrier is to spread the risk and not have all one's eggs in the same basket - take up offers from different networks where possible. There is no cellular or mobile network in the UK now that charges customers more for calling subscribers to a different network, thankfully.

Message 4 of 7

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@pgn Mrs and myself have been travelling in the south West and into Wiltshire. If we relied solely on O2 we would have been stuck.

However I did get to see a Vintage 'G' in my signal indicator at one location  Brought back memories!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10555 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@Enlli 

Had the same issue today unusually on EE as we have Spusu as back up, and me and the wife struggled around Buxton, and Ashbourne and in Sheffield and o2 was flying along... 

So as we all know all networks have issues and problems, and today seems to EE's bad day...  slight_smile

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Ridwa 

A couple of PAYG SIMs from other networks wouldn't be a bad investment for you ; partly to give you service whilst O2 is poorly and partly to test which networks work or do not work in the areas that you frequent. And with dual-SIM handsets, running a backup SIM is easy. 

You might also want to look at :-

My Network App - Find Out More About Your Network Coverage | Apps | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Message 7 of 7