cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been on hold for 40 mins and then tried the online chat and got cut off all I want to do is end my contract on the 30th of October and give my 30 days notice how difficult can it be shame on you O2 been with you 7 years and this is discusting.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha! 

Yesterday I went to my local Shepherds Bush branch to upgrade my phone. After seeing a customer get yelled at by a member of staff, other persons waiting for service, staff texting mindlessly on phones, I decided it was time to end my contract after 7 years service instead.

After waiting 10 minutes for a free staff member I asked  how long l had left of my contract and what was the lead time. I gave my details and was told 30 days from your calling CS. So after 35 minutes on hold I got a "Hello" before being cut off. I decided to use the shops phone and after 50 minutes I overheard a staff member say "Hurry up because other customers need it".  After chatting to the nice lady on the phone she said yes you can cancel no problem etc, etc... It will cost you £160 to end your contract.. What? 

You guessed it. The staff member had not actually looked at my account and had just said the standard reply of "30 days from notice". Since he was standing close to me I confronted him. As he then began yelling and arguing with me I could not hear what the lady on the phone was saying and as I walked away the staff member yelled "Dont you walk away from me when I'm talking to you!".

Alas I am still with O2 until June. I am deeply saddened by the total lack of customer support over the phone over the last 2 years, Also I have noticed a sharp decrease in reception since 2010. As for the Iphone 5 excuse? I have been getting the "We are currently experiencing high call volumes" speech for 2 years. As for the staff member? Where was the manager? Was he the manager? 

All I can say is I really wish o2 would stop giving excuses and manage their people better. 

Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very sorry to hear about your experience at the o2 store!

Write a complaint as that was an unacceptable behaviour from a member of staff.

Maybe sell your current phone to end the contract early and try a different network, just make sure to go with the network that has good signal where you live

Message 12 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Commonly known as "Trolling"....
We tend not to feed the "Trolls" on here wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

I was only trying to help :(((

Message 14 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
You need to control your urges slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Adrianna, I have since emailed cusomer service.

Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trolling? I think you may want to look up the definition of Trolling. Posting an agreed grievance on a specific place for "posting grievances" is not Trolling.

People come here to vent their disapproval at the service they have received. Other people come here to see what (usually a small minority of people) quality of service O2 provide when things go wrong and how they are dealt with.

Generally on Forums such as this no one is publicly reprimanded as you have done to myself.

@MI5 wrote:

Message 17 of 17