cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been on hold for 40 mins and then tried the online chat and got cut off all I want to do is end my contract on the 30th of October and give my 30 days notice how difficult can it be shame on you O2 been with you 7 years and this is discusting.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

There is no answer to your question im affraid.

O2 Customer care are still taking a hugh amount of calls for the iphone 5 which in turn is causing a major delay im affraid.

The quickest way would be to use the O2 online Chat and request to cancel your contract there.

I know you have tried, but I would suggest trying again im affraid. Also good luck which ever network you go with too.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too. Can't believe a 'telecommunications' company operates like this. Too busy selling iphone5's to new customers to sort out issues with long standing customers.

I waited for 30 minutes, no update, just music and to cap it all 5p a minute as the mobile phone is broken. 

Then went on chat, two attempts later told you cannot get a PAC and they cannot call back.

absolute joke.....

Message 3 of 17

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

The wait has nothing to with selling Iphones to new customers.

The problem is that its exsting customers that i wanting to upgrade to the iphone 5 as all the shops have ran out of stock..

So im affraid this is causing a major backlog.

Online chat can give you a PAC code, but you will need to request you go through to the Only chat Retention / Disconection team. So dont let them say its not possible as it is.

Sorry you are wanting to leave o2 though.

Mike01606 do you know some one else with a o2 contract phone, if you do, then you could use there phone?

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

i was on hold around 2 hours listen there awful hold music i give up i trying like week now . there should getting more staff in 

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

been on hold again this is starting to upset me also been on chat and nothing i need to cancel my contract so i can get a new phone all i want is to give the 30 days notice not to hard but it must be for 02 you need to set up a difrent option for iphone 5 costurmers so other customers can get through to the options they want with out being put on hold for 40 mins every day you try to get intouch.

Message 6 of 17

pam
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I had the same trouble end of last week, but eventually got through and ordered my new Samsung 2. You will get through so keep on perservering.
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can cancel your contract via webchat too, remember.

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

mirrors my experience, I've been trying all week to make contact without success. All the worse cos I have to call them from a landline, costs 5p per minute to listen to their choice of music...£££ spent to date...still no contact

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I gave in my PAC code to these con artists on the 10th of october and was promised my number would port in 24 hours. on the 12 the no transfer so called back and was told it can take upto 48 hours so to give it a few more hours. called back on 14th and promised would happen in 24-48 hours as systems have been down!!!

low and behold 48 hrs later today again told it failed as systems were down, but that was last wek. again promised 24-48 hours!! all whilst im still paying my other contract due to o2's incompetency!!!

all this has had to be done on the crap chat site which uses people who dont even understand what your saying to them and their best reply is "100%" . i have a lot of colourful words i can use right now. esp as i was also sent a standard sim for a iphone 4s when i requested a microsim. took another 6 days for microsim to arrive and 24 hour for sim swap, which now im told has taken me over my 7day cooling off period, which these jerks are responsible for anyway!! so cant even cancel this contract and go back to orange!!

id love to hear your BS explanation o2!

Message 10 of 17