cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I would like to start a new topic regarding o2's poor customer service.

I have been having an ongoing issue regarding a faulty handset that is still under manufacturers warranty, (samsung galaxy s3)

The problem developed at the start of December and o2 have as yet failed to resolve the problem despite twice sending my handset off to Anovo uk for repair via my local o2 shop, my handset is still faulty but now has a cracked casing after first repair attempt.

After various visits to local shop & phone calls/ online chats I have been repeatedly lied to and told contrasting and wrong information.

I would like to know if this is the way o2 treat all of their customers?

Have any other o2 customers had similar problems when dealing with customer service/repairs?

As a result of my experience with o2 I will be leaving them at the earliest opportunity and advising friends and family to do the same.

Look forward to your responses.

Message 1 of 33
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The problem developed at the start of December and o2 have as yet failed to resolve the problem despite twice sending my handset off to Anovo uk for repair via my local o2 shop, my handset is still faulty but now has a cracked casing after first repair attempt.

If you feel the phone was damaged during repairyou should have brought it up with O2 immediately.

After 3 repairs if the same fault persists they will replace it for you, but the damage may be a problem.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Sorry to hear about your issues.

O2 repairs are not recommened on here, shame you haven't had a look around other threads on that subject.

We always recommend contacting the manufacturer when phone still under warranty.

Message 2 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask what is wrong with the phone so I can try and help you?

Message 3 of 33

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If you feel the phone was damaged during repairyou should have brought it up with O2 immediately.

After 3 repairs if the same fault persists they will replace it for you, but the damage may be a problem.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your replys.

Yes I now realise I would have been better off sending phone back to samsung, however that was one of o2's many lies, on 2nd return for repair staff member at shop assured me it was being sent direct to Samsung, didn't notice until I looked at my receipt, once home that it was being sent back to Anovo.

They have now stated for a third time that I am to get a replacement phone, however I am not holding my breath as I was assured it would be delivered on Monday & then Wednesday but it has not turned up on any of these days. After a lot of long calls to customer service it is now due on Saturday.

The problem with the phone is with wifi connectivity, the phone firstly lost all of the wifi passwords, then when putting them back in I get a message "authentication error occured" . This happens 9 out of 10 times, it also does not remember passwords as it used to when working.

It happens on all wireless networks. Have been through various tests/reset etc but nothing works.

Message 5 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Have you updated the software recently?

If so, has the issue with the phone started after the update?

Message 6 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Marney1984 and Welcome to the Community Forum.

I hope you get your handset on Saturday as promised ,and please let us know if you do/don't.

If the worst happens and you don't then maybe escalate this further via an online complaint ,but hopefully you won't need to ,and you can get back to enjoying your phone and network service.

If it happens again with your wifi then try reset your network settings.

Settings >More >Mobile Networks >Access point names and then press menu and choose reset. Tab on the circle next to o2 Mobile Web to attain a green dot and then you need to re-boot your phone.

Also when I send anything back one of the first things I do is take several photographs of the item. If your photos are not time/date stamped then place the item on a copy of that days newspaper to prove they are current pictures.

This then lends weight to any claim of damage not done by the owner.
Message 7 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Sounds like the 4.3 update wifi bug.
It won't be fixed by sending it off to any repairers as it needs a firmware update.
Samsung released a small patch the other day but 4.4 is the real fix which is due by end of Feb.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 33

jonsie
  • 93949 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
Not had the update pushed out here yet but strangely enough I haven't had the unstable message for a couple of days even though Im using the same wifi spots.

Even stranger is that I only got the error message on the Note 2 and not the S3 though they have both been updated to 4.3?
Message 9 of 33

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
It's all very strange and seems to be effecting all devices differently - It also seems that some routers fair worse than others too....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 33