cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order is out of stock, after being told it was in stock and ready to ship

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I decided to get a new phone today, rang o2 and ordered a Samsung S3 Mini. Was told it was in stock and will be shipped and I would have it tomorrow.

Get a text a bit later saying it is out of stock and would be back in tomorrow... so because of the conflicting information I rang o2

Was told it was out of stock, with no time frame at all for new stock to arrive and they would let me know when it comes in and is shipped. Since they have already taken the money I am a little unhappy to say the least.

Anyone experienced this? 

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94097 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

This happens far too often when ordering new phones. My thoughts are that no payment should be taken until the phones are in stock but with an automated service this is bound to happen unless there is a real time stock update. Once they have the money and you decide to cancel you have to wait up to 14 days to get the money recredited to your account. Personally, I would alwaysadvise to go instore or via an independent if you want to upgrade or just buy a phone.

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
  • 94097 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

This happens far too often when ordering new phones. My thoughts are that no payment should be taken until the phones are in stock but with an automated service this is bound to happen unless there is a real time stock update. Once they have the money and you decide to cancel you have to wait up to 14 days to get the money recredited to your account. Personally, I would alwaysadvise to go instore or via an independent if you want to upgrade or just buy a phone.

Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 149594 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Totally agree - Always buy or upgrade in store.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies, at least I know I'm not alone in this issue 

Sadly ordering direct from 02 via sales team is my only option right now, my nearest store is over an hour and a half away, there was one in town but it closed a good while back. Hopefully it will be back in stock tomorrow like the text says, but this is really putting me off ordering on the phone or online again.

Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 94097 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Yes it's disappointing to say the least considering you are limited to the option of ordering online/over the phone. Having said that you would possibly get a better deal from CPW but the big drawback there is that they can't offer you a Refresh deal.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum,

Very understandable that your disappointed on receiving information that your choice of phone is not available due to stocking levels. 😞

Hopefully they will come back into stock quickly ,and O2 complete their order with you.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to 02 today, they said it was back in stock and they had to clear backorders so mine should be included, got a text this evening saying phone will be delivered tomorrow and gave me a tracking number so all being well I will have my phone tomorrow and I can get rid of this old one

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 94097 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

That's good, glad you didn't have to wait too long. Enjoy your new phone and don't hesitate to come back if we can help with anything slight_smile

Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 126096 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous That's brilliant news.

Hope it comes tomorrow. Please come back and let us know what you think of your new toy  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 149594 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Good news - Pleased to hear it slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 11