Did you mean: 

Is O2 web shop lying???

Profs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I am after some clarity as to wether the O2 web shop has lied to me.

When I placed an order, the site told me it was available in store and I could collect it the next morning. I would be contacted when it was ready for collection, but it was available for collection the next day.

After completing the order, and paying, I was informed that the device was being couriered to the store and I would be told when it could be collected.

In the afternoon of the next day I received a text telling me that the item would not be delivered that day and I would be able to collect it the next day - a Saturday.

when I phoned the store to check that I would be able to collect my purchase, I was told that they didn’t take deliveries on a Saturday and that it would be possibly Monday but as it is a bank holiday it might not be.

1. Is the system lying when it says that something is available in store but is not actually in the store?
  2. The delivery details also said I would be able to collect it the next day but I will have to wait, potentially, 5 days in reality.
  3. The system said it would be delivered to the store on a Saturday when the store does not take deliveries on Saturdays. Is this not also a lie?

I am confused as to how the shop can say something without it being true. In the real world someone would be accused of lying if they did this.

thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11416 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3155 Solutions

@Profs 

1. o2 don't have a live stock system, it polls at set times of the day from what I can understand, also it may have been in store when you looked and between your order been approved and then sent through and picked it may have been sold.. 

Its not lying its just a badly designed system and I do wonder if the new POS and Warehouse systems are in, if we will have a live stock system.. 

My advice if doing a click and collect order is to ring the store and ask if they have it in stock and do it all in store... then no faffing.. 

At the end of the day, you have 2 choices 

1. Cancel the order and get a refund and go elsewhere

2. Wait for the order to be sent to store

There is naff all anyone on here or the store can do to influence anything on your order...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 6

Profs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

It certainly is a poor system.

Unfortunately the store was closed at the time I ordered but will remember that for next time.

I asked the customer service rep about cancelling but the credit check will stay on my credit report, and if I order another item that is in stock it will perform another credit check. That is the annoying bit.

It makes me laugh that they know there is an issue but they continue to push for more online orders. Rather than fix their problems first.

Ah well.

It will arrive at some point.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9084 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

I personally @Profs do not really understand why anyone buys hardware from O2 or any MNO. Purchasing direct from the manufacturer, from Amazon or from a High Street store such as Argos just seems more straightforward. 👍 

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93922 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

I only ever buy from Samsung UK

Never had a problem

I've learnt from buying other makes of phone that nothing beats Samsung for affordable mid-range phones

Flagships? Not a chance!

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9084 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I only ever buy from Samsung UK

Never had a problem

I've learnt from buying other makes of phone that nothing beats Samsung for affordable mid-range phones

Flagships? Not a chance!

I could not agree more @jonsie ! 👍 

I am still using a Samsung Galaxy A54 and I can not perceive any difference in performance from the S21+ that it replaced.  

A55 living up to expectations after several months of use ?  

Message 6 of 6