Open discussion: Community Rewards

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi all,

How’s your week going?

So we’ve had the Community Rewards now since August 2013 to say thank you to all of you who help each other out, drive discussion and produce great content and engagement on our community. Very happy to see both old and new members on the rewards list – see here the Rewards thread from January. Cat Very Happy

We’d like to hear your views on the Rewards to check whether we could make any enhancements now that this programme has been in use for a while. I know some of you have mentioned that an option for giving your reward to charity would be welcomed – definitely something we have been thinking about for a while now based on your comments so far and continue looking into – interesting ideas already going on in the January thread I linked above.

Any interest in e.g. having the community rewards working towards acquiring a new mobile device or perhaps linked with services such as Priority Moments? What do you think about the current levels – Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze?

What about any other ideas or suggestions?

Looking forward to the discussion! Popcorn

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

I shall reply fully to this later @Marjo 

But for now, allow me to grant you the use of my own personal flak jacket

Message 2 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

This message is dated 11 Feb 2015.  Can it have been here 5 days without any replies?

I may be disqualified from commenting on this subject as I am (at my own request) not included in any consideration of the monthly rewards,  but there are those who are ready, able and willing to wield the editorial axe to remove my remarks if they are thereby regarded  as inappropriate or unwelcome in the circumstances.

My attitude to the Community Rewards system is also coloured by the fact that rewards are apparently determined by an undisclosed "algorithm" which obviously can be overruled by the Management Team should they so wish.

The Community undoubtedly provides a lot of excellent help to a lot of people but since a very high proportion of that help and advice comes from quite a small number of people it can hardly be very surprising that the "rewards"  are likely to be going to the same small band of names on a regular basis. Whilst a list of the names of recipients is published, no indication whatever is given as to why some get £50 and others get £10.  In other words there is nothing to help other members, and especially new members, to understand what they might have to do to achieve a "reward" themselves. 

As regards donation of rewards to a charity or charities, That is a totally unnecessary "complication" with some potential pitfalls that would be best avoided. If individual recipients  wish to pass on their  "reward" to  charity of their choice that is to be applauded but let them do so themselves They can always post a message to say they have done so if that is what they wish.  If the donation is to be formalised via O2 then that may put unfair "pressure" on some potential recipients to agree. 

You ask for comments about the levels Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze.  These smack of "winners" and "losers".  Perhaps consideration should be given to allocating awards for Best Tip of The Month, Best Equipment Review, Best App Review,  Best Guide, and just to annoy those who don't like the Off Topic Board - Best Joke of the Month, Best O2 Community Avatar,  Best Recipe, Best Rewards Algorithm .................

I will stop there as I can hear the faint rattle of literary daggers being drawn and detect the negativity sensors approaching overload.  But calm down folks - read what I say but for goodness sake listen to what I mean. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
First time I've heard of them...where does one go to find out more ?
Message 5 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You could start here. @Anonymous 

Message 6 of 36

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Click on Community Rewards in the first post or go here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Time-to-say-Thank-You-Introducing-the-O2-Community-Rewards/td-p/501548

Message 7 of 36

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Looking forward to your views @viridis @jonsie , no worries I'll have the thread up for a while to give everyone a chance to comment with their views.

Thanks for the jacket. Much appreciated, I can use it to protect myself from the claws when I bathe my cats.... grin Indeed I'm hoping for constructive feedback and some ideas, suggestions that we can look at now that this programme has been going on for a while, in case there's something in there we could try change or enhance this year. Even if you have some older comments that you've thought of before, pop them in too just in case as some things could maybe be revisited. slight_smile

Some interesting points @Anonymous cheers for that! No you haven't missed the topic. I've posted the thread today, but started drafting it last week hence the date stamp.

Message 8 of 36

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

A much shorter and quicker to the point comment than Gerry's.

Get rid of them

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 36

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

What about a birthday reward if members have posted ? posts in a period of time. ? because i am unsure how many posts would qualify. You could send Poppy a doggy denture on hers LOL

Message 10 of 36