cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android phone + Galaxy tablet + Acer Aspire laptop ... = ... Are they Properly Sync'd ?

RunrigForever
Level 20: Radiant
  • 2700 Posts
  • 37 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ask this question as I'm not sure they are :-

I look at say personal & promotional emails separately - usually on my OPPO Lite phone - don't use the Galaxy tablet much at all, but recently charged it up. I will go to emails on the larger screen of the laptop, usually later in the day for better viewing.

My gut feeling is that when I action an email, usually on my phone first = shouldn't it also have been actioned on the laptop & now the Galaxy ?

Just sayin' ....... it would make sense to me at any rate ? !

An open question / observation to all on the Community.

Seemingly a long time ago @Toby when he was on the Community Management team said to me I get people into conversation ... & ... he would like to see me on the Discussion & Feedback board. Hope you are alright @Toby ... xx slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148027 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28381 Solutions

@RunrigForever 

You need the emails setting up as imap which will replicate on all devices.

If you have it set up as a pop account, it won't

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

RunrigForever
  • 2700 Posts
  • 37 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 

I don't know what imap is ... ?

I don't know, but probably suspect, it is set as a pop account ....... although not sure what a pop account is ... ?

The 3 devices were supposed to by sync'd quite some time ago from a professional IT person on a call out after he usually closed his town centre office about 4pm. He now works from home, I believe.

I've charged up my hardly used Galaxy tablet ... installed an upgrade ... & ... it seems to work alright ... * fingers crossed * ............... whereas my Android OPPO Lite 5 phone had to be 'wiped' as per advice in town's  Virgin Media O2 shop ..... ..... ..... photos lost, contacts, all texts lost, emails lost etc ....... I did notice the red lock screen when initially at VMO2 shop that the emergency numbers were American. I have never set up a lock screen = rather ... ... ... say, Son's christian name with (Son) Son's surname + Close Friend's christian name (Friend) their surname + Daughter-in-Law's christian name (d-i-l) her surname name etc on my Home screen. Lock screen would somewhat freak me out !

Can't seem to get into Google on my phone = just a ring around with password(s)

Seems ok on Galaxy tablet

Different small 1cm wide circular images though ... ? ... !

Also my tv won't work

Did decide to go for SKYQ = the works ..... but ..... 30 days cooling off period. They contacted me by text.

Only recently discovered O2's Access for All set up

Long time manager of town's Virgin Media O2 Shop did say Virgin Media do cable in my area. I said I didn't want my yard digging up. Nice member of staff said 'they' run it around the edges.

Again coming to my least productive time of day. Will sleep on it as they say. Need to cancel SKYQ etc & sign up for The works with Virgin Media O2.

Thanks again @MI5 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 3 of 6

RunrigForever
  • 2700 Posts
  • 37 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just re-read my above post

Chaotic isn't the word is it ?

Sorry @MI5 you do your utmost to help everyone including li'l' ol' me

My head is spinning

will do the imap thing in O2 shop in town ASAP.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148027 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28381 Solutions

You can find the settings for your email provider on Google @RunrigForever 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

RunrigForever
  • 2700 Posts
  • 37 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 for your knowledge, which you freely post to all

Still a work in progress ... but ... almost there

May have to watch the Paris Olympics on my phone, but no problem

Engineer to come about 3rd week August.

Thanks again MI5.

***DESORMAIS***