cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Hold for over an hour...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Called O2 today to discuss some things on my account, called twice during the day but gave up after 10mins on hold. Thought I'd call back at just before 9pm to get into the queue just before they shut, usually the staff would be rushing through calls so I didnt think i'd have to wait that long. However I was still in the queue an hour later. AWFUL! Luckily, at 1hour and 3minutes, I was invited to chat to an advisor online, and this is the only reason why I gave up. I think this is disgusting. Why don't they do what other places do and do a call back service?! Not happy. (however, the online advisor did sort everything out for me, but still, bad call times)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
You called just before they close and held for an hour?
Do you realise what you are saying? How can they call you back when the building is empty?
grin grin
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thought I'd call back at just before 9pm

You ding bat! grin
No wonder you were waiting on hold so long...
And do you think if you did manage to get through to an advisor that they would be eager to help you when they're no longer getting paid to talk to you and want to get home to their families?
Deary me... :mansurprised:
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
grin If it is anything like where I work the agents are actually dragging the last call out so they don't have to take another one.
Message 4 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Favourite used to be to call the top up line around 8.55 grin
Not sure they can do that now wink
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you've ever worked in a call centre you'd know what I mean, its the queue that closes at 9pm. If you're already in the queue then you stay in it until its answered. Anyone who calls after 9pm gets a closed message and isn't let into the queue.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
you might well think that, but your call didn't get answered did it. Do you really think someone was there answering calls an hour after closing?
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol, I have worked in a call centre for 10 years that is a lot busier than o2's. There might be someone stuck on a call 10 minutes after lines close but they would not be there an hour later, and I would not expect them to accept another call after their last one at closing time.
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol, I have worked in a call centre for 10 years that is a lot busier than o2's. There might be someone stuck on a call 10 minutes after lines close but they would not be there an hour later, and I would not expect them to accept another call after their last one at closing time.

Especially if they had turned the lights out for the night! wink
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
If there are still customers in the queue after the lines close then often managers will ask if anyone wants to volunteer to stay back to clear the queue and claim a bit of overtime. However, there are often no takers for this wink
Message 10 of 13