cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 shocking customer service and replacement phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all.

i recently had my Samsung galaxy s7 edge replaced due to my iPad falling n smashed the screen.

i had it in rose gold. Such a pretty colour.

my replacement phone arrived after a week of having no phone. I opened the battered box to find something that would make a chav happy. The phone is a tacky gold colour. The phone was covered in finger prints and the protective sticker was clinging on for dear life. I all honesty, it looked like a 2 year old had packed it and stuck the sticker on.

i contacted o2 only to be told that it's in the t&c, the phone is insured not the colour and the insurance company send what they have in stock. 

She told me it's not her problem I didn't read the t&c, I told her that I did. In October last year when I took out the contract. Would also of been nice to be told this information by the insurance company. I mean I rang them 4 bloody times, not once was that information reiterated.

i mean seriously though, it is a vital piece of info. What if you were a man receiving a pink phone? I don't have an idyllic memory and I certainly didn't memorise all the t&c. I'd be surprised if anyone had to be fair

If id of wanted a chav coloured phone I'd of ordered that god awful colour in the first place.

the woman from customer service tried to compare my phone to a dyson Hoover?

any advice?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27611 Solutions
Call back and reject the phone.
You are entitled to refuse and wait for the correct phone but you may have to wait a while for stock to arrive.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks 👍 I'll give that a try 😁
Message 3 of 23

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27611 Solutions
Stand your ground with them as you are in the right and let us know how you get on please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 23

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
by the sounds of it, the gold one might drop too...
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 23

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27611 Solutions
They are very slippery wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol! I received my letter from the customer relations team this morning politely telling me to like it or lump it. 

Im currently on the phone and told them I don't want that colour and I've been made aware that I can refuse it. He said I can't as I signed for it.

as luck would have it when the phone was delivered on Monday I was at work and the courier from the delivery company left it on my doorstep. My neighbour saw him leave. So I didn't sign for it.

after so long of being on hold he came back and said that because I didn't sign for it they are sending me out my pink phone! Who knew that's all it would take!

Message 7 of 23

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27611 Solutions
Crazy isn't it !!

Currently using:
Message 8 of 23

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

No, that's being pathetically inept at performing your job function correctly..........all too common in the O2 organisation.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 23

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6961 Solutions