cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 shocking customer service and replacement phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all.

i recently had my Samsung galaxy s7 edge replaced due to my iPad falling n smashed the screen.

i had it in rose gold. Such a pretty colour.

my replacement phone arrived after a week of having no phone. I opened the battered box to find something that would make a chav happy. The phone is a tacky gold colour. The phone was covered in finger prints and the protective sticker was clinging on for dear life. I all honesty, it looked like a 2 year old had packed it and stuck the sticker on.

i contacted o2 only to be told that it's in the t&c, the phone is insured not the colour and the insurance company send what they have in stock. 

She told me it's not her problem I didn't read the t&c, I told her that I did. In October last year when I took out the contract. Would also of been nice to be told this information by the insurance company. I mean I rang them 4 bloody times, not once was that information reiterated.

i mean seriously though, it is a vital piece of info. What if you were a man receiving a pink phone? I don't have an idyllic memory and I certainly didn't memorise all the t&c. I'd be surprised if anyone had to be fair

If id of wanted a chav coloured phone I'd of ordered that god awful colour in the first place.

the woman from customer service tried to compare my phone to a dyson Hoover?

any advice?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93942 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya, 

i asked on the guy on the phone last week anything but gold. I asked what colours there was he said there was black. There was no gold or any other in stock. So how do I end up with another? 

Its unfortunate ive got another 16 months with this thing. 

Lets face it it the only time I'm going to get the correct colour is when I upgrade. That's if I want to after this comedy sketch 

Message 22 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

In all honesty I think they are just being awkward. 

Trying to swap it or do something with it. I don't want it 

Message 23 of 23