cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2's Daylight Robbery FTAO Their Staff.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I received my mobile upgrade from Virgin - circa November 2012 - I put my Virgin sim in my new phone and my O2 sim in my Blackberry. I had plenty of O2 credit. However, O2 used it all up for nothing by deducting £1 a day from it for me to use the internet or whatever - which I never did; nor did I ask to do.

You at O2 must be able to see all this under my O2 mobile phone number. I want that money refunded to my phone because, otherwise, it is simply what I have called it in the title of this thread, O2's Daylight Robbery!

Message 1 of 111
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi SavvyScott,

I can lock it or remove it, which would you prefer?

Cheers, Toby

EDIT: Also, you may have clicked on the 'subscribe' option. To turn this off, go into the the 'Topic Options' list and click 'Unsubscribe' slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 111 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
If data is turned on then the phone will attempt to connect and you will be charged - Simples!! YOU need to turn it off on the phone wink
If you use live chat they can help you with this.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a technophobe! How do i turn it off? It's a Blackberry curve 8520 I think!

Message 3 of 111

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Scroll up to the very top of the screen and click mousewheel. Scroll down to data network services and click then click on data network to turn off.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 111

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Loads of help on this site:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/14928/Turn_on_or_turn_off_data_service_5...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 111

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23099 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

So basically, this is you not having the knowledge of what to do and O2 haven't robbed you of anything. O2 haven't been very good of late concerning a lot of issues, but this isn't one of them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 111

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I guess it's just easier to blame someone else when you don't know what you're doing! Smiley Frustrated

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that's the first snag. I cannot scroll up to the very top of the screen! Cat Mad

What should I be in when I try to do so?

Message 8 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

Told you I was a technophobe. What is my Home Screen? What does the Manage Connections icon look like? I don't believe I have it.  Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

P.S. Of course, I don't use Live Chat!!!!!

Message 10 of 111