Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 recycle

Gemz2083
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I placed an order with o2 recycle on the 28/8/18 2 days later the packaging arrived to send it off.

The earliest I could send it was 3/9/18. Royal mail gave me the tracking no. I waited a day or so to find out the status of delivery. According to the royal mail track and trace it had been delivered on the 5/9/18. Royal mail also confirmed this when I rang them.

I then recieved an email off o2 reminding me that it had already been 10 days since I placed my order. So I contacted o2 recycle by email n the 7/8/18 to ask what was going on and if the device had been delivered. The person who replied back to my email told me the device was not there and was infact at the macclesfield delivery office. I even sent her a screen shot of the royal mail web site stating it had been delivered, I mean there was no mistaking it really.

I then received another email on Monday evening stating my device was now with a technician and was waiting for testing.

4 days later I've still not heard anything and still have no money! To make matters worse the 14 days has now lapsed for the offer! I've emailed again this morning. Wonder what they are going to say this time!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123130 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Gemz2083

What a tale of inefficiency!!

It's now  a case of waiting to see what O2 recycle offer on the device.

However as you had placed your order when there was an offer on, I will tag our community managers to the post to see if they can help @Marjo, @Martin-O2 @EmilieT?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Gemz2083
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Update. They have just text to say my order has been processed and payment will be in the next few days
Message 3 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff

@Gemz2083 glad to hear that you got a text! Please keep us updated and let us know if you have any further issues. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123130 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Gemz2083 wrote:
Update. They have just text to say my order has been processed and payment will be in the next few days

That's excellent news @Gemz2083. They must have heard I had tagged in the A team...Smiley Very Happy

Hope everything goes well for you

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23158 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Gemz2083 Have O2 Recycle told you what you will be paid for your phone? 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

Gemz2083
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Bambino. The initial offer was £250 but there was nothing about how much will be paid in. I will check back when it goes in. Hopefully they pay the amount stated in the first place lol
Message 7 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23158 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Gemz2083 wrote:
Bambino. The initial offer was £250 but there was nothing about how much will be paid in. I will check back when it goes in. Hopefully they pay the amount stated in the first place lol

@Gemz2083 I'm sorry to say I wouldn't count on that. There are many posts on the forum about O2 Recycle trying to short people on the value of their phones, claiming 'water damage' or some other fabricated story. It's always wise to take photos of the phone before it's sent back, but many people don't.

I hope you get what they've offered. Please come back and let us know.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8