Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 phone support: problems connecting to customer service agents

Markmat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Background: I have been trying unsuccessfully to cancel an upgrade for the past 11 days... I realise that this is not the forum to raise that issue and I'm continuing to try to get through to someone from O2 who can fix the problem.

However, are there known technical issues with the O2 customer service phone system? I am sure it is heavily overloaded at the moment but I've had two different issues tonight:

First call... after having gone through the automated ID checks, and then being on hold for about 15 minutes, I then had a ring tone and the phone was answered by what I can only assume was some (elderly) member of the UK public who was not expecting to have O2 support calls sent to them.

Second call... Went through the same process and was connected to an onshore person, but my explaining to the automated system that I wanted to "cancel an upgrade" had got me through to the disconnections team, and so they could not help me. I was then put through to what I assume was an offshore customer service agent, who spoke but did not seem to be able to hear me, and after a couple of minutes of me saying "Hello... can you hear me" I heard an automated message "You have been kicked from this conference" and I was cut off.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Markmat 

I'll ask @Thomaso1 to help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Thomaso1
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I aplogise about the experience you have had @Markmat. I will Private message you now and see what I can do.

signature
Message 3 of 3