Did you mean: 

O2 insure: feedback.

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Read here for the background.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/O2-online-chat/td-p/207143/page/3

Credit where credit is due, this morning took delivery of a brand new Z5 premium without the need for any complaints or the like.
Took a bit longer than advertised but on the whole they came through good and were helpful when called.
Device sent via dpd in a double sealed box and the handset is indeed new (16w21) and is perfect as far as I can see (no left blur btw)
So, on my experience I would have to give o2 insure a firm 8/10, docked points due to lack of contact unless I called them, and because I would never consider a Z5 compact a "same spec alternative"
But a firm 8/10 based on my experience which I accept is not the common one we hear of...however, more people join to complain rather than praise.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well I am amazed @viridis and yes indeed...credit needs to be given for this.

Brand new? Brilliant mate...couldn't be more pleased for you...Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
glad to hear that it has been resolved in a satisfactory manner.
tbh, given the wording on the insurance that you pointed out it should have been obvious to them that is what needed to happen (his contract says replacement,we don't have a refurb so we'll give him a new one)...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

It does surprise me that you've rated them as high as 8/10 @viridis, considering all the hoops you had to jump through just to get what you were entitled to.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

It does surprise me that you've rated them as high as 8/10 @viridis, considering all the hoops you had to jump through just to get what you were entitled to.

I think this may be due to the fact that he got a brand new phone in a sealed box. A lot of people get refurbs..

I don't know for sure of course.....just 'my thoughts'...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 15

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
As said tho, I docked points on the lack of contact. Each time they did make contact they offered the alternatives but did state I could wait for my handset no problem.
I never got round to sending the email to complaints, so this was just as it happened.
No doubt I would have been more impatient and angry did I not have the backup phone as most people don't, they get offered a brick from 2003, but luckily I could carry on as normal.
Message 7 of 15

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Really pleased for you @viridis, just wish everyone was treated as equally! 

Indeed, would be nice.

Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
As said tho, I docked points on the lack of contact. Each time they did make contact they offered the alternatives but did state I could wait for my handset no problem.
I never got round to sending the email to complaints, so this was just as it happened.
No doubt I would have been more impatient and angry did I not have the backup phone as most people don't, they get offered a brick from 2003, but luckily I could carry on as normal.

I think this is called perseverance and dogged persistence on your part @viridis Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Begs the question what would have happened if you waited for them to call you?

Message 10 of 15