Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have ruined my credit score.

Some
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can anyone help me as o2 have made me stressed and wasted hours of my time this week being passed from person to person and not getting any further with them helping. They’re all incompetent and never have answers. This is what I sent to o2 and have had no response:

Back in March 2023 I upgraded my phone but had to be transferred from your old system legacy to your new system (360) as I’ve been with you for so many years. I then received the below email on the 05/04/2023. This email was saying I owed £5.80 and is being handed over to there debt recovery team.This was the first I knew I owed this £5.80 and was disgusted I hadn’t had any notice or previous emails asking to make the payment. I phoned straight away and thought I had got it resolved when I was sent the below email from the lady I spoke to on the phone: 
Hello Mr  Philip East

iI hope this e-mail finds you well

this e-mail is pertaining to your credit file

we have sent out a request to Lowell  to recall you account that is not
suppose to be in arrears,
we have credited your account  with the right amount so that when we
receive the account back from the debt collectors we close the account
off , which should fix your credit file there after.
this will take us 30-60 days to process and complete. thank you for your
patience and understanding .

kind regards 2 care  

I then looked on my credit score recently and to my disappointment it has gone down a lot saying I’ve missed 3 payments for May, June and July from o2 which is incorrect, I’ve never missed a payment in my life. 

All of this week I’ve spent hours on the phone to them and literally going around in circles. Not one person can help me. I want to take them to court as I’m disgusted and totally stressed and quite down as I can’t get get through to anyone that can help me. 

Please can anyone give me some legal advise as I really need this off my credit score and it’s not my fault at all. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Sorry but you won't get a legal answer from customers here. 

The credit referral team seem to be a law unto themselves and a response from them is akin to banging a brick wall.

The customer has to do all the chasing and no help from them at all. 

Disgraceful and we see this so often here on the community.... 

Message 2 of 10

Some
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the response, I can’t believe how hard it is to get through to anyone and then passed from person to person and not getting any closer to finding a result. I literally can’t stand o2 after this and causing me so much stress. They all say the same and capita are terrible too. I will not give up on this and will contact someone Monday for legal advice as it’s disgusting how they treat people. I’ve never experienced anything like this before and wouldn’t want anyone else to have to deal with this. O2 will pay for this as I have emails already acknowledging their mistake. Problem is trying to get them to find what’s the issue now and rectifying it. they can’t even find the missed payments they’re claiming I missed. They’re a joke 

Message 3 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Some 

Their is another way... 

Log a dispute with one of the Credit Reference Agencies, and provide as much as evidence as you can, and then the CRA will take it up with o2, and will if o2 agree or cant provide evidence to the contrary it will be corrected. 

It takes a few weeks, but I have used in the past with other companies, and it works really well. 

We all know how bad the South African Crapita CC is as well as the Philippines TelePerformance ones are...

Good Luck...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 10

Some
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thank you for your response and input. I think I will try this. At the minute I’m trying everything I can and perhaps one of the ways will get some progress. Everyday I’m wasting time with these people. It should only take one person to take control of the issue and then resolve it but they all seem to just pass the problem to the next person. I feel sorry for anyone else in this situation, it’s not good being out of control and not getting answers. O2 have the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. 

Message 5 of 10

Jade27
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m going through the same thing. Settled my account in June, they keep reporting late payments even though I’m not with them anymore and haven’t even got almost six months. My credit score has gone down by hundreds of points. Surely this is illegal? If you need a witness you can count me in!!  

Message 6 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6616 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

A quick search and you will find O2 have been ruining people's credit ratings for years

2008 was the first I found 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 10

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5763 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Some 

@Jade27 

I suggest that you Google for the name and e-mail address of O2's CEO (Chief Executive Officer). Then send an e-mail setting out your problems. It cannot do any harm and might provide a solution.    

Message 8 of 10

Sumith
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really sorry to hear that. I am going through a dispute with O2 atm where they've maliciously passed on negative credit report for me. Have you tried the ombudsman - https://www.commsombudsman.org/raise-dispute/o2.

It feels like there are a few of individuals who think they are above the company's code of conduct.

Message 9 of 10

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5763 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions