Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 from an Unbiased Customer Perspective - My Online Diary

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

I've decided to take a Refresh deal on a 4G phone and will treat everything as a normal O2 customer, ie, phone will be O2 locked & branded, I will not root or jailbreak, if anything goes wrong I will contact live chat in the first instance, repairs (if necessary) will be done through O2 etc....

I haven't decided which phone as yet, but it will probably be a mid range handset and I will document my experience from ordering, through to setting up & using, the quality of CS and my thoughts on 4G along with the whole "O2 user journey" throughout my contract period.

I will be completely unbiased and I have the option to compare all services to the other 2 networks I use on a regular basis (Three & EE) along with GG which my wife uses.....

I'm hoping it will be a pleasant and enlightening journey slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Star Trek fan then? Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 31 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a blast from the past!  I had a Motorola flip phone and I loved it.  Sadly it wasn't very robust and ended up in 3 pieces after hitting the office floor...

Message 32 of 173

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

According to the 4G FAQ's:
Any customer who signs up to 4G with O2 will get exclusive access to a range of music, sport and gaming content including 12 months free music tracks and videos, exclusive access to behind the scenes sports content and exclusive access to multiplayer games that don’t use their data allowance.
Any idea where the "how" to get any of this is.....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 33 of 173

jonsie
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Music and O2 Tracks here? Not sure about Sport & Gaming.

• Centre Stage – Keep your eyes peeled for our featured album promotions and hottest artist content
  • Swappable Playlists – Top 40 not for you? Choose a genre to suit your mood plus exclusive artist takeovers
  • Create your own playlists by starring your favourites. Plus now Windows, BB and Android users can pin tracks you don't want to lose access to
  • Bonus VIP Playlist – Subscribe and get access to our most loved songs

Text TRACKS to 61202

Get more with 4G

O2 4G customers can stream the hottest music videos. And get exclusive backstage access to the biggest stars.

All this, and free subscription for 12 months…Not bad, eh

Message 34 of 173

jonsie
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Free and exclusive sports videos

Get free and exclusive Priority Sports videos. And if you're on O2 4G, get it a week before everybody else.

Text SPORTS to 2020

Get top 4G multiplayer games. Only on O2

Love gaming? O2 4G customers with Android phones can exclusively play brilliant multiplayer games from Gameloft. So you can play games such as Asphalt 8, Modern Combat 4 and Zombiewood with your friends or others around the world when you're on the move.

Text GAMES free to 61202
Message 35 of 173

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Ah, so it's all part of the same apps, then. Thanks.
I've got "Tracks" so just off to check the "Sports" out slight_smile
Message 36 of 173

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

Today's offering from 4G

download.png

Message 37 of 173

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Today's offering from 4G

Makes my 5Mb broadband connection look a bit sad! slight_frown

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 38 of 173

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

Photo chopped off at the top for some reason, so here's the full version (just to rub it in :))

2013-10-21 09.41.12.png

Message 39 of 173

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That really is excellent, have you tried any video or picture quality checks, as there were a couple of posts about the compression used?

Message 40 of 173