cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 failed to cancel my contract when requested

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sure it is a standard trick but O2 received my cancellation call on, or before, 14 Dec 12. What a pain that was, constantly talking to you for ages trying to keep you ... give me a break, listen to me "I am going abroad". Finally finished, or so I thought, today another demand for money, another hour out of my life. We'll sort it - we'll see. A bunch of amateurs, should be ashamed of their collective performance (not to mention the theft of my monies). Chap today said "it was one in a thousand mistake" .... that is a stack of hacked off folk!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would raise a complaint with O2 to have it properly investigated, chez. You can call and do that or email via the complaint review service (details on the website)
Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

That doesn't sound too good! I hope you managed to get the money back asap? If not, you can always call your bank and ask for an indemnity claim which will get you your direct debit back in 24 hours.

If you put in your notice on 14/12/12 then it should cancel on 14/1/13 and you should get your final bill about 2 weeks after that, usually a credit to you.

It is rare that something like that would happen - lucky you noticed straight away!

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Take a read of a few threads in this sub-forum. You need not even venture beyond the first page of threads.

It appears to be far, far more common than it should be. Though usually O2 claim it's happened via some fraud mechanism. I'm awaiting a response from the complaints team myself for a very similar issue.

I think it was more a case of unfortunate wording for the "1 in 1000" comment. I mean, O2 published figures for 2005/2006 quote 16.3 million UK customers. That'd be 16,300 people if interpreted literally!

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would raise a complaint with O2 to have it properly investigated, chez. You can call and do that or email via the complaint review service (details on the website)
Message 4 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144348 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Is this not just an over running contract that should have cancelled?? Where does the allegation of fraud come into it ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I don't think it's that common.

If they received your call December + 30 days notice wouldn't this be your final bill?:/
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5: I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where there was an allegation. Given that an allegation is "a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong." Where was such a claim or assertion made?

Even for my own case, I'm leaning much more on the side of it being an O2 mistake rather than fraud.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add, Final payment was in Jan for £4 odd, fair enough, but like others I was expecting a credit. This month, we'll take another £10.50 off you, oh & we'll tie you up for over an hour sorting it out. Thankfully I did a screen shot of the sorry mess. They have admitted that they have made a "one in a thousand" mistake. Let O2 argue with OFCOM - amateurs.
Message 8 of 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ofcom won't touch it yet. Not until you can prove you've exhausted the complaints procedure.

Stupid mistake and I'm confused how it could of happened if you received the final bill already in jan.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 9 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144348 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You should, and will get a refund but, what is it you expect Ofcom to do about it ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10