cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 extra £5 for internet is a con!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I might be a little annoyed while I am wrting this but I will rant anyway -

Ok so my contract rans out 3rd September but can upgrade early considering the phone I have the Nokia 5800 has been broken for the last 4 weeks and had to buy a PAYG cheapy for £10 from Tesco until my upgrade was due I thought I have been quite patient. I called O2 today and asked what I could get, I wanted the HTC desire as I like the phone and spec I called and got told I could get the phone for £99.99 with was good start, then told it would be 24 month contract (again fine) which should be £30 but will do it for £25 to keep me. I went away happy but thought I would look around, found a deal with orange - same phone, 24 months same minutes etc for £25 a month and phone for FREE. Went back to o2 told them this and said best they can do it give me phone for £40 instead of the £99. I thought ok will have a think about this. Called them back an hour or so later and said ok been with you for 9 YEARS!!! and couldnt be bothered to change so will do the deal with the phone then being £40, with which the CSA then told me I have been told incorrect information and the tarriff will be £30 a month due to £5 for the data bolt-on. I hope im not the only one that finds this a joke, then show there deals with good tariffs but then add this £5 on. ALL other companies have this shown in there tariffs from the start. So to cap it off o2 want to charge me an extra £5 a month for 24 months £120 AND £40 for the phone so £160 extra that Orange over 2 years, neadless to say I have cancelled my contract 1. for the fact I can get it cheaper and most importantly getting told incorrect information from o2
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
neadless to say I have cancelled my contract

Which you're welcome to do in a free market society.

I'm not sure what your complaint is, O2 offered you a quote, you found a better price, and went elsewhere. End of story.

O2 don't have an obligation to match any deal that you can find, and for every customer that moves because they find a better deal, there is another which decides to stay with O2 for whatever reason (coverage, inertia, loyalty, perks such as O2 Priority etc).

O2 seem to have decided that they can make more money by not giving everyone massive discounts, even if they lose a few customers in the process.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
And you didn't have to buy a cheapy phone. You could have had your Nokia repaired.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I might be a little annoyed while I am wrting this but I will rant anyway -
Ok so my contract rans out 3rd September but can upgrade early considering the phone I have the Nokia 5800 has been broken for the last 4 weeks and had to buy a PAYG cheapy for £10 from Tesco until my upgrade was due I thought I have been quite patient. I called O2 today and asked what I could get, I wanted the HTC desire as I like the phone and spec I called and got told I could get the phone for £99.99 with was good start, then told it would be 24 month contract (again fine) which should be £30 but will do it for £25 to keep me. I went away happy but thought I would look around, found a deal with orange - same phone, 24 months same minutes etc for £25 a month and phone for FREE. Went back to o2 told them this and said best they can do it give me phone for £40 instead of the £99. I thought ok will have a think about this. Called them back an hour or so later and said ok been with you for 9 YEARS!!! and couldnt be bothered to change so will do the deal with the phone then being £40, with which the CSA then told me I have been told incorrect information and the tarriff will be £30 a month due to £5 for the data bolt-on. I hope im not the only one that finds this a joke, then show there deals with good tariffs but then add this £5 on. ALL other companies have this shown in there tariffs from the start. So to cap it off o2 want to charge me an extra £5 a month for 24 months £120 AND £40 for the phone so £160 extra that Orange over 2 years, neadless to say I have cancelled my contract 1. for the fact I can get it cheaper and most importantly getting told incorrect information from o2

Strong words, particularly for your first thread.

Glad you have gone to where the future is brighter......
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 are the only network to include VAT. When they say £30 p/m, it IS £30 p/m. With orange, it's £25+VAT which is pennies off £30 anyway! You get foreign call centres too. Not worth it for 60p to me
Message 5 of 5