cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 default on my file for a contact paid!!!

Spadger86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 have placed a default on my file for a contract paid up. I have emailed the various emails to ask them to remove the default. 

The account went into late payment 1, 2 and then default. I tried to pay the account in novmeber but they closed the account on my o2 so I was unable to pay online. I tried calling up o2 but they had passed it to a debt collection so advised we had to wait for a letter from the DCA, as soon as I recieved the letter, I paid the full balance and I thought that would be it. 

February 2024 and o2 have marked the account in default. This now means the mortgage application has been rejected and I now have to wait 12 months before I can apply again and I have now lost my offer on a house that would be perfect for me. 

I get no reply from the various credit file emails, I have started a case with resolver but I'm afraid I have lost my dream home because of a £32 phone bill. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38248 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

This post may help you, @Spadger86 - but make sure you have covered yourself and inform the Credit Refrence Agencies that your are working to remove this longstanding unsettled claim by O2 so it is logged on your file.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/How-to-make-an-effective-complaint/m-p/1696750/hi...

Here is an example of how to do that for Experian: https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/guides/notice-of-correction.html

Google will help you find the others. Good luck!

PS. Sorry to hear about the house debacle.

Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9031 Posts
  • 205 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

I am very sorry to read about the loss of your dream home @Spadger86

That is an interesting example of how ruthless O2 can be with even modest debts and how being late in making payments can have devastating consequences. 

Anyone reading this and wanting to avoid a similar predicament would be wise to set up a direct debit :-

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract)  

Message 3 of 3