cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Home phone service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having problems with o2 home phone i cant make out going calls..
Direct bebt failed on the 1st feb.....phone cut to incoming calls only and bb was cut on the 11th feb..paid bill on the 12th feb...brdband back same day 12th feb....but still waiting for phone to make outgoing calls.. 
Phoned customer service and was told would be able to make calls within 24hrs...no such luck..
Phoned again was told phone would be back within 72hrs...Still no luck..
Phoned again was told 5 working days by now im getting annoyed..
Phoned on wed 26th feb was told it will be back by the following wed 5th march (yeah ryt)
Phoned them again 5th march at lunch time was told would be back sometime today (wed)or by early hrs of the morning...
9am 6th march still no out going calls...called them again to be told could take upto 48hrs
They soon took payment on 3rd march for bb and phone service hmmm..
Its getting to the point now that i dont know what to do about it....feel so let down by them

More info
More info
Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Let's take into account your Direct Debit failed on payment.

Saying that turning the service back on after payment should be quicker than your experiencing.

Try re booting your phone by turning it off and on.

If no joy you're going to need to ring them back on 202.

Do not use Live Chat.

I assume your now on Sky for your broadband which means its nothing to do with O2 and is on a different system.
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

The money was there for them to take for paying bill....don't know why they didt take it
Even the bank don't know why..anyway thats all paid everything is upto date on that side of things ..
I just don't know why they are having such a problem connetting my landline so i can make outgoing calls again...i can get incoming calls...but when i try to ring out it goes stright to o2...It's now 23 days and i am getting fed up with them keep saying different dates when it will be back...yes i keep forgetting sky took it over.... 

Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

Have you spoken to sky about landline ?

I assume your mobile phone bill was paid ok.

Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a home phone and broadband package with o2/sky ..its landline not mobile 
i have mobile with o2 but its pay as you go....
It's the landline that i cant make outgoing calls on...only incoming calls
Since phone was cut on 11th feb..I can not make out going calls
broadband is running fine..incoming calls fine...
outgoing calls none...   

Message 5 of 21

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23960 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

There's obviously a problem at the exchange. What do you mean when you say when you try to ring out it goes straight to O2? You need to find out who is responsible for your landline. At a guess, I'd say it's probably now Sky if they've taken over your broadband, but you'd need to make sure yourself. Have you tried to dial 150? If not, try that and see what, if any recording you get or get connected to.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay.

In that case it's Sky I presume you need to contact for your landline issues.

O2 would not be able to assist.
Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried 150 ..it say you cant not call this number from this line...
when i dial any number..it goes straight to..welcome to the home broadband 
and home phone automated payment line...i have logged into my o2 account
and all bills are up to date...the phone number i have to make contact with them
is 0800 230 0202 this is the only number that dont take me to automated payment
service.. 

Message 8 of 21

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23960 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

Okay. 150 is the number for Sky CS, so you're obviously not connected to Sky. Can you call the 0800 number from your landline phone? If not, I suggest you ask a friend if you can use their landline and call the 0800 number from there. It's the only way you're going to get this sorted out without it costing you any more money. Sorry if this isn't helping much, but I can't think of anything else you can do. Please come back and let us know how you get on. Good luck getting this sorted. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
What does it normally say on your bank statement when the monies are direct debited out ? Which company.
Message 10 of 21