Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Fraud Department Diabolical

Dazza1002
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have never had an O2 account and a fraudster took out two contracts in my name. The thing is, I had reported it to Action Fraud, and gave O2 both Action fraud numbers for both fraudulent O2 accounts taken out in my name, Equifax has also contacted them about this and O2 states that I need to contact them direct. However you never get a response and I have only partially had my issue resolved, as they closed one fraudulent account and rectified my credit, but i later found out they did not close the other account and sold this on to a debt collecting company called Lowell who is now sending me letters stating I owe them Money. This is diabolical. O2 never respond to emails even after me sending them numerous emails. I have just sent a message to Watch Dog and will notify as many people as I can and am willing to take this legal if I have to as my personal data is being passed around O2 has never had a good track record with dealing with Fraud. I have had it up to my neck with stress because of this. I am disabled, and my mother who I look after is disabled. This is unwanted stress. I will see if i can get in contact with the communication Ombudsman also to get this rectified. The account number in question just in case someone from O2 bothers to read this is: 1053512380 I will continue to report this company to whoever i need to until someone sorts out this mess and clear my credit report and seize sharing my personal data. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 341 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hi @Dazza1002 I'd suggest that you just contact O2 again and speak to them about the other account. Sounds like they may have worked on one account and if they are not joined then the other just got left/missed etc.

No one from O2 customer service will take it up from this message board, we are just customers here.

I would speak to O2 about it

You message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)  or call them on 0344 809 0202.

They will want to speak to you directly rather than Equifax about your account as they need to make sure it is you, seeing as you are in this position because someone pretend to be you already to setup the two accounts.

Good luck with it all.

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 2 of 3

wolfheart
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have the same problem, I am already complaining about O2 wherever I can, now I have also received a letter from Lowell, I have some support from Experian and the Ombudsman, who also told me to write to the ICO, O2 ignores all complaints, even though half of my details do not match except the address and bank account number. I think I should report it for publication somewhere, because out of several companies when someone used my data, only o2 ignored me rest is sorted. I see on the forums that a lot of people are ignored, o2 has system vulnerabilities hole,
Did you sorted this or not???

Message 3 of 3