cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Customer service sucks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Customer service is a farce especially if you need to talk to someone to discuss your account, etc.  It is all automated, push button 1 etc crap and you never, ever, ever, get to talk to any support staff.  This has been my experience listed below:

Chances of trying to talk to a human being regarding* = zero

Chances of trying to get a virtual response other than in broken English = zero

Chances of virtual responder buffering being fast enough to react live = zero

Chances of trying to pay bill via phone without it timing out = zero

Chances of paying on line without the page not loading or crashing = zero

O2 really do not offer any real support to their customers and at the end of my contract I will be looking elsewhere for a more engaging provider. 

* the only time I even got a chance of talking to a person was when I pushed the termination of service option.  Even then I was in a queue for over 25 minutes listening to elevator muzik before giving up!!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi fedupuser,

Happy to discuss this with you slight_smile

Send me a private message and we can have a chat.

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had cause to phone customer services this week, only 2 buttons pressed and answered in less than a minute by a very helpful chap who didnt rush me,  did what I had requested and was at a "very" local to me, call centre so could be understood in fact 10/10 to him

Couldnt have got better service face to face

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 have plenty of phone staff - a few thousand at least.  Granted we're not all there 24/7, we do have homes to go to, holidays, appointments and personal lives like everyone else!, but there are usually lots of people there.

Sometimes it gets a bit busy, especially if there have been any major things happening that people want to talk about (new phone releases, new product launches selling off home bb to sky etc etc) and obviously certain times of day will be busier than others (example evenings when people get home and want to phone us).

There should never be a case where you can't get through to someone at all

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had a problem getting through normally in under 5 minutes unless very busy

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never had a problem here myself, any time I had an issue in store or on phone were resolved in 5 minutes, just for curiosity, were you by any chance using web chat

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can honestly say I've never had a "terrible" customer service experience with O2 . I mean I've maybe had some long waits but very few customer service lines or online chats are quick. Its the luck of the draw. 

However they've always given me a good end result and that is what matters at the end of the day. 

Message 7 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Same here, no problems at all and they're still the company with the best service record.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Best coverage too
Message 10 of 15