Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Customer Service Well done!

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

We hear so many complaints about O2 CS. For balance I thought I would post my own experience of today.

My two year contract is now finished. I changed my handset to a Note 3 in November still using old 3G sim and remaining on existing tariff.

Today I needed to ring 202 to change to a 12 month sim only tariff. I was quite apprehensive having heard so many horror stories on here about long waits, calls being cut off etc....

I phoned at 8.40 am. After a few seconds I was connected and prepared myself for the long wait.

What a surprise.

Within a minute i was put through to a lovely advisor (Marie) who dealt with my request in a helpful professional manner. She was an absolute joy to talk to. I was told my new tariff changeover would take place within 24 hrs

Text has already been received to confirm it has now changed.

Total time on the phone 10 minutes

Well done O2. Thanks to Marie (based in Rotherham call centre) It was a real pleasure talking to you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Very unlikely unless it's fed back either via admin or via the irritating customer service survey that pops up every time I log on...

Message 21 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

In this instance I am hoping it will be fed back. I have given Toby the info re the rep I dealt with (name and call centre base) He assured me he will be in touch with them.

Conversely, the rep did tell me that I may receive a customer satisfaction survey (via text or email) when we disconnected the call. I had neither. Not sure who generates those...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I am not starting a new thread ....but just wanted to pass this on...(Not so clever O2)

I received the text and email yesterday to say my Sim Only tariff change had gone through.

No problem then....that was very fast.

Today I received my new 4G sim. I thought blimey O2 are pulling out all the stops here....

Then it all went a bit pear shaped. When I checked the sim....it was a nice brand new Nano sim

(I have a Note 3.... which takes a Micro sim.:smileysad:)

So this aspect of service received, was not as excellent......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 43

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You seemed surprised @Cleoriff
Message 25 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought O2 now send out Nano Sims as standard with accompanying adapters.

As per their small print on the official shop pages.
Message 26 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

This is O2....

Go instore!

Actually @jonsie I was never going to use the sim they sent anyway (apparently they have to send it out as part of the contract). My plan was go instore and let them do the sim swap as I can't be bothered...Happy Dance

It is a waste of a sim though if they are sending these out to everyone regardless of the phone you may be using...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
This

"Using your Pay Monthly sim

The pack you will receive contains a nano sim as well as a sim adaptor pack. If your device needs either a standard or a micro sim, you'll need to use the correct adaptor before you can insert it."
Message 28 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

No adaptors...just the sim...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 43

jonsie