Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Customer Service Well done!

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

We hear so many complaints about O2 CS. For balance I thought I would post my own experience of today.

My two year contract is now finished. I changed my handset to a Note 3 in November still using old 3G sim and remaining on existing tariff.

Today I needed to ring 202 to change to a 12 month sim only tariff. I was quite apprehensive having heard so many horror stories on here about long waits, calls being cut off etc....

I phoned at 8.40 am. After a few seconds I was connected and prepared myself for the long wait.

What a surprise.

Within a minute i was put through to a lovely advisor (Marie) who dealt with my request in a helpful professional manner. She was an absolute joy to talk to. I was told my new tariff changeover would take place within 24 hrs

Text has already been received to confirm it has now changed.

Total time on the phone 10 minutes

Well done O2. Thanks to Marie (based in Rotherham call centre) It was a real pleasure talking to you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
At least you can get on with your day now as planned

No I am taken aback...I planned to be on and off this phone pretty much all morning....so I am now wandering around aimlessly. *Stands back... waits for insults* tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 43

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
*looks round...draws breath*
Bit like normal then.
Message 12 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
*looks round...draws breath*
Bit like normal then.

Correct...and I bet you wouldn't be a very good CS rep.....unlike Marie..... Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 43

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I was an awesome cs rep I'll have you know.
Message 14 of 43

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

I'm pleased to hear that @Cleoriff had a good experience with CS, but in truth, there shouldn't have to have been a thread about it. Good customer service shouldn't be the exception, but the rule. It's true that for the most part, all we see here is complaints, and I suppose this thread counters that slightly, but the question needs to asked as to why there are so many complaints. Something's not right if we have to point up a good experience. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

I'm pleased to hear that @Cleoriff had a good experience with CS, but in truth, there shouldn't have to have been a thread about it. Good customer service shouldn't be the exception, but the rule. It's true that for the most part, all we see here is complaints, and I suppose this thread counters that slightly, but the question needs to asked as to why there are so many complaints. Something's not right if we have to point up a good experience. 

An interesting viewpoint  @Bambino but I would rather "Give credit where credit is due".    My concern is slightly different insofar as I personally would hesitate to name names on this forum for the reason that other O2 staff are (presumably) giving good service but getting no public recognition.  A small point I know and I acknowledge that @Cleoriff has reminded us all in her usual fair-minded way that it never hurts to say "Thanks, well done!" when we are pleased with the service we get.

Message 16 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

The forum is filled with complaints about O2. Poor customer service, language problems, Live Chat, network issues, UK mail.... etc etc etc.

As someone who posts here frequently and reads a lot of this I felt it was appropriate to give some credit when it was due. I agree totally that it shouldn't be necessary to post this..... the fact remains it adds some balance to the negativity.

On a personal note, I hoped that community management could feed this back to the rep involved. Nowadays people at that level only hear about the criticism. I am a firm believer that when someone does a damn good job, they should get to hear about it slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 43

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff ,

A lovely story to share slight_smile

I shall pass on this thread to the team in the hope that we can find Marie

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 18 of 43

jonsie
  • 93154 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 19 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:
Just think if you had used live chat as many do....

Even then there is an opportunity to submit one's thanks or complaints when the conversation is finished, though I would have serious doubts as to whether the staff ever see these.

Message 20 of 43