cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 not interested

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hacked off with O2 

The reception in both the places I currently spend any time is terrible. It's difficult to even hold a conversation.  Do O2 care? No - the website doesn't even have a webform to email them to tell them.    Just a forum to rant at. Well if they monitor this then at least perhaps they'll see not everyone is happy.  I'm not interested in ringing some poor call-centre nobody and giving them a hard time when they dont deserve it.  How about a clever bit of the coverage map part of the website to flag up problems with reception?   

God knows why I renewed my contract - maybe i was daft enough to think we might get 4G! Who was I kidding? Most of the time we barely ever have any signal, let alone even 3G.

I've then found out that NHS staff are entitled to a 30% discount - but O2 seem to pretty much try and hide this information - I've been in the NHS for almost ten years and only just found out.  But then they say that you can only get the benefit when signing up to a new contract, in which i'm still stuck in for another 18 months or so.

I've been with o2 non-stop for almost fifteen years but at this point i wish i could jump ship.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Feels better getting it off your chest. Have now found the 'my network' app which addresses part of the issue.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Input your Full Post Code here to check your local Masts -> http://status.o2.co.uk {If a mast shows an issue a customer can now ask Customer Services to keep them updated on its Status via Text or eMail} to see what they report back as ,and Yes the MYNETWORK App will help to report any issues your having that maybe O2 are not currently aware of.

If the masts are not showing as any issues -> what are your signal indicators showing on your phone ? Are they strong Network signals and is 3G / 4G showing. Do you get workable services everywhere else apart from the two areas you mention.

Every Network has Areas of no service or fringe coverage.

As a process of elimination can you try your Sim Card in another phone to rule out either the Sim Card or Phone which may be at fault.

Contract Customers can use o2's App called Tugo which works off Wifi.

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go
Message 3 of 11

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you are getting little or no reception in your area.

As @Anonymous suggests you should check the coverage in your area to see if any problems have been reported or any work is being done on the masts in your area.

Have you always had this problem or is it only recent? Have you tried your sim in another phone to ensure that there is no problem with the sim?

Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Morning @Anonymous 

So pleased that you feel slightly better after your rant wink

As someone who also worked for the NHS I  totally agree with the issue about the discount. Never well advertised. I found out about it far too late for it to be of benefit to me personally....but at least I can make sure now I pass on the information to friends and colleagues when they join the NHS....if they are with o2.

Sorry to hear about your signal issues. Do any of your colleagues get a better signal?

If it doesn't improve for you....then maybe a change to another provider is the only way to go?..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion of TU Go, it sounds like it could be useful especially at home.

In my house I usually have no signal at all downstairs and one to two bars of 2G upstairs.  Callers always complain they can't hear me properly and calls often disconnect.  This isn't a new problem.  My phone works very well elsewhere.  The O2 website service coverage map and the My Network app report no problems and both say there should be "good coverage indoors and outdoors".  

The service status says:

• 5 bars for 
    Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
    Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
    Good indoors and outdoors.

• Four bars for 
    Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
    Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
    Good outdoors. OK indoors. Not good for mobile broadband.

I wish!  i can occasionally pick up some 3G in a field about 100m from my house.
Message 6 of 11

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Do you know anyone else in your area who are also having problems with their O2 phone?

If there are inconsistancies between your actual coverage and the coverage that it says online then you should contact O2 to make them aware of it and they might investigate it.

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144306 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Coverage maps can pretty much say anything they like.
They are computer simulations of what the signal "should" be like and do not take into account geography and building construction.
In reality they are almost useless and signal should always be checked with real life phone use.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi doctorhoax

You're welcome for the advice.

Tugo certainly is a lifeline for those on Monthly Contracts in areas of no or fringe coverage.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144306 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Another option is to lock the phone onto 2G only which should help with calls and texts. Obviously you'd need to use wifi for data though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11