Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Advisor chat

MMian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, today I agreed to a new phone and plan deal. This was all done via the O2 chat advisor. The advisor also offered to waiver payments for months 2, 3 and 4. I have the chat transcript emailed to me by the advisor.
I know after 14 days we are committed to our contract. I am new to O2 and I would like to know if what the O2 advisor says is official? My concern is what if I get charged on the months I have been told the payments will be waivered. Where does that leave me? So I would like to ask the community, do they always get what they have been promised? 
Please let me know if I should be concerned, so that I can cancel within 14 days. 
Many thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MMian 

Never heard of this before.

I'd advise you call customer service on 202 to check.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If there is any offer on, none is advertised on the website, bear in mind that the offer would apply only to the airtime and you would have to pay for the device plan on those months.

Message 3 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MMian Did you initially contact the O2 Chat advisor or did they contact you? If they contacted you first I would be very wary about what you've agreed to. Call customer service on 202 to confirm any agreement that you've made.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 15

MMian
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was looking for deals on the O2 website and selected to have a chat with the advisor. I told them which deal I was after and told them I had been offered something a little cheaper elsewhere, they then told me to hold and came back offering to waiver 2 months. I then told them it was still a little more than what I was offered and then I got told they will waiver 3 months. I then asked if they would also waiver the £20 upfront cost as I am looking to bring 2 lines over and again after they went of and checked, they managed to get this agree to aswell. At check out I saw the £20 upfront cost taken off. I just wanted to know about the other promise of months 2 ,3 and 4 being waivered. Anyone experienced such discount being discussed and then not received it?

Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As said above, call CS on 202 and ask if it is in your account notes.
It doesn't matter what anyone else has or hasn't had. It's what's on your account that's important.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 15

Bambino
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MMian Well it sounds bona fide, but I would call customer service on 202 just to double check. You also said you have the transcript of the chat. Save and make a hard copy of it. It never hurts to protect yourself.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 15

MMian
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will call them tomorrow. Many thanks Bambino

Message 8 of 15

Bambino
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You're welcome @MMian and good luck. Hope it works out for you. Best time to call customer service is 8-8.30 am to avoid a long wait on hold.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 15

MMian
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I spoke to Customer Services first thing this morning.
I told them that I am a new customer and wanted confirmation that I will be reeiving the 3 months waiver that I was promised on the O2 Advisor chat.
They checked the chat transcript and found that the 3 months waiver was discussed 3 times and assured me that I will be receiving the discounts. They have also made a case on the system to say I called in and asked them to confirm this.
Hopefully everything should be ok.

Message 10 of 15