Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice of full restriction

CycleB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got a letter saying that I owed £6 for outstanding bill, my phone has been cut off and that if wasn't paid in 5 days then they get debt collectors 

It looks like an port over from Virgin Media for a sim that I've never used.

My existing 02 payments are up to date and so is my virgin media which includes the sim 

I've contacted 02 call desk who says because I've never used the sim nd cant get a security  code sent I'll need to go to 02 shop to get it sorted.

I'm freaking out a bit, gonna pay the £6 by bank giro credit and visit a shop.

Anyone else has this issue

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

This looks like something you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about – give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Use the specific Payment management number  0800 902 0217

The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Message 2 of 5

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10802 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 349 Solutions

Hi there @CycleB 

Welcome to the o2 Community forum 

Good advices and focus on getting this settled is important.   Unfortunately this all takes effort and time and is not your fault  however big wheels keep turning you need to stop them. O2 shop is good face to face and there is also a payment management team that you can tell too.

See @jonsie very important you tell them. 

Good luck and best wishes 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10295 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions

@CycleB 

I take it the sim came from the Virgin Oomph deal at the time, as although the sim wasn't used, it still remains active with Virgin (no DD came out), hence it got migrated and billed for it.. best thing to do is cancel it as otherwise you will keep being charged for it.  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

CycleB
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, going to need to go to an 02 store to get things sorted.

Hopefully won't be getting billed any further as they said on the letter they've cancelled this number and can't be used.

Spent 70mins on the phone to 02 this morning and it is a sim from Virgin but because I can't get a code over the phone🙈 for this unused sim I've been advised to visit ky nearest 02 shop

Message 5 of 5