Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPhone 16

Queenie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What should have been an exciting event receiving our iPhone 16 today turned into a nightmare. Both me and my husband purchased the new iPhone and needed to change to an eSIM. Using iCloud backup to move  everything over was simple and quick. However the eSIM change was not available through my O2 so we had to contact o2 by phone. It’s no exaggeration to say between us we must have spent over five hours speaking to several advisers to have an eSIM code sent to us, each time having to go through the same conversations with each advisor. Come on o2 sort this out how difficult can it be?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7848 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

Many of us regulars would advise against eSIMs too much messing and a right pain with O2.

You are going to have this problem everytime you change handsets for whatever reason

O2 sort it out? Unlikely

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/o2-eSim-to-eSim-transfer-NIGHTMARE/m-p/1749226#M282585

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11525 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

Quick question why did you have to change to an esim??  As you just needed top put your physical sim in the new phone and not convert to esim...  and off you go...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93942 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11525 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

Trust me some others are the same, I was quoted this by a three reseller to get a replacement esim... as my iPad had a corrupted esim... the best 2 networks for esim are giffgaff and Spusu

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 18.35.16.png

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 5