cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT A UK CALL CENTRE ANYMORE!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined O2 for the specific reason that you are a UK based call centre which you splashed all over your adverts and IVR's.  Now that has disappeared and South African advisors are answering calls.  They cant understand me and I can barely understand them.  It seems to me you are becoming one of the many sheep out there and are happy to outsource to save money without informing your customers!

Why have you done this and why havent you advised your customers of this?  You were very quick to jump on the bandwagon when other companies outsourced and shouted about how you were UK based, why arent you declaring your outsourcing move now?

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Online chat has been outsourced for many months but the call centres are a big issue for me. Whilst it's only a small trial now I would hate to see more and more calls outsourced to South Africa or anywhere else.

Message 21 of 71

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Capita has always been a fun and rollicking kind of company which now appears to run most of the UK.

I looked at buying into it some years ago, until I found their share price had more ups and downs than The Big One in Blackpool.

Many companies pass anything they find difficult to handle over to Capita now with widely varying degrees of success.

I was lucky enough to have them managing my pension on behalf of a huge multinational and dealing with them ranged from - we're sorting it out for you, to - we don't have any records of who you are!

More about them here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capita_Group

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 71

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 23 of 71

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I've always referred to them by their nickname:smileywink:

Didn't think I'd get away with that! wink

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 24 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

i do understand that o2 want save money at the mo UK are mess up 

Message 25 of 71

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
If it was up to me I'd of liked to put more jobs in the uk. Not that there's not already a lot going. Maybe forcing some of the youth "who just can't find a job anywhere" into working for O2 slight_smile
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 26 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ashleyjonesuk10

Are you part of the foriegn call centres/online chat?

Message 27 of 71

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

Are you part of the foriegn call centres/online chat?

slight_smile slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 71

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha so cruel slight_smile
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 29 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

No idea what Liquid and MI5 are talking about! wink

Message 30 of 71