NON EXISTANT SIGNAL

janu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just checked the coverage site and it says,

"Sorry, a phone mast close to you isn't working as well as we would expect

Our engineers have found an issue. We’re waiting for replacement parts to arrive and making arrangements to be able to carry out our work. Until we're finished, you might have some trouble with your calls, texts and data. Please bear with us. We will update you again by Thursday 17th October 2019"

Well I have news for 02 they must have been waiting since 2007 because thats how long I have had an 02 phone and we have never been able to make or receive calls at home.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123064 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@janu 

That's pretty poor. However, I wouldn't have stayed with O2 for 12 years if i had no signal. You need to try another network I think?.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10776 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions
Nor me @ Cleoriff
In very early days it was very difficult to get a signal at home even in town only Vodafone if you stood outside!!
very disappointing probably because of lack of masts. Then gvt. Rule said providers had to share masts and on my phone it said roaming and then I did get a signal. Now I am just supposing why can't it happen like that for @janu ?
🤓🙃🤔

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23138 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Because sometimes the reason for lack of signal has nothing to do with the network. It can actually be the structure of the house that prevents receiving a good signal. I'd be curious to know if @janu has tried any other network, or if visitors using another network get a signal indoors, but I'm even more curious to know why they would wait twelve years to complain about it, and more to the point, why they would stay with O2 for so long without a signal at home? That's insanity.Who's there?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

TallTrees
  • 10776 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Thank you @Bambino for your message. I would not have continued with mobile at all if it hadn't improved. I live on a hill on the edge of a forest surrounded by tall Scots pine trees ! Even in my garden. So could understand signal problems but funnily over the years the mobile companies got permission to put up masts in the forest: painted green of course, now my signals must be the best in UK😄😎 maybe the world🙃
I would certainly check other networks too. I like my phone the only way to receive calls can't answer landline but anyway LLine calling out of date now. 😊

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 6 of 9

janu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Not a case of not trying other networks, my company mobile is EE, I have had Vodaphone and Orange,

and the signal is just as bad for all of them I need to go to the bottom of my gardern to make or pick up calls and thats more or less the same for just about every one in the village, and I life in the Kent which is apparently a good area for mobile signals.

Message 7 of 9

TallTrees
  • 10776 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions
Hello again @janu
That is awful I know what it's like, early mobile days not many masts no signal regularly and now it is surprising how many there are everywhere. On top of all sorts of places!
There doesn't seem to be an answer for your difficulty. Kind wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @janu , sorry to hear about the poor signal in your area. 😞

Consistent poor signal in an area could be due to coverage levels, or there could also be external factors such as building materials, interference, topography etc. Something that might perhaps be of help is if you have a 4G-calling compatible device, you can make calls over Wifi, which could be an option if your signal is otherwise low.

Message 9 of 9