cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rights after 3 broken phones

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently 14 months into 24 month contract. Have a Blackberry 9380 phone.  The phone had a software issue and after it crashed the in store Guru's laptop twice they sent it to be looked at.  A replacement "reconditioned” phone was given a week later.  This crashed within three days.  Again they sent it back and offered me one of around 10 other phones.  None of these were acceptable to me and apart from the camera (which i do not care about) did not have similar specs and most were several years old.  I asked for the area manager to be contacted and advised I was not happy and received a reply that the phones offered were reasonable.  I choose to go with the 9380 again (the others were rubbish) as this was my initial phone of choice and happy with it, if only it would work constantly. These arrived some 10 days later and guess what it has errors also.  They are now offering me a new phone.  Great ...........or so you would think.  In store they showed me some options all of which in my opinion as a customer are not anywhere near the phone I have or want.  Staff internally sent an e-mail to the area manager to advise on allowing a new phone to be given with the choice of the Samsung s3 mini being the best preferred option given to me (even though I still do not believe this is anywhere near as good a phone)

The area manager has come back and offered me a nokia.........what.............is this guy on the same planet.  I asked for him to call me to discuss but was advised only staff can talk to him.  Yeah easy to make poor decisions when the staff have to face the customer and not you.

Can anyone advise what rights I now have to either have a phone of my choice (within reason ) or cancel my contract with O2 I have had enough just want out....

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145098 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Follow the complaints procedure http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145098 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Follow the complaints procedure http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you outlined a reasonable outcome to them ?

If your only wanting that phone then ask for another replacement.

02 won't cancel the contract.

I would have lost faith in that phone myself by now.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Likewise I would insist on another phone as that one is not fit for purpose
Message 4 of 4